Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Jersey EV Rebate?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
FWIW I just checked my NJ Registration. The registration fee for four years was $283.00 which comes out to $70.75 per year plus a $85.00 title fee. No NJ sales tax and I've already received my $1500 NJ PSE&G rebate for my Gen 3 HPWC.
Life is good here in NJ.
It is so nice getting into my warm 90% charged Y even on cold 20 degree mornings
Howard, buddy happy new year. How’s the 7 seater treating ypu? Hope your doing well.

Reactions: howardnj
I ordered a M3P under$55k on 1/14 uploaded my registration details and still do not see the credit in my pricing details. It's impossible to reach anyone by phone.
I am in NJ. Ordered MY, the picture attached is my order and it shows the NJ $2k discount

Hope that helps!
Thanks for sharing the screenshot. I ordered a M3P under$55k on 1/14 uploaded my license and registration details and still do not see the credit in the pricing details. My reservation is not from current inventory so I do not have a VIN yet. It's impossible to reach anyone by phone.

@ghuie32 did you already receive a VIN? It's supposed to be a line item deduction so I would expect to see it even without a VIN.

I ordered a M3P under$55k on 1/14 uploaded my registration details and still do not see the credit in my pricing details. It's impossible to reach anyone by phone.

Thanks for sharing the screenshot. I ordered a M3P under$55k on 1/14 uploaded my license and registration details and still do not see the credit in the pricing details. My reservation is not from current inventory so I do not have a VIN yet. It's impossible to reach anyone by phone.

@ghuie32 did you already receive a VIN? It's supposed to be a line item deduction so I would expect to see it even without a VIN.
Did not get a VIN yet. Still waiting.

I went today to pick up my new 2023 Model Y LR; It qualifies for $2k Nj rebate. However just before the delivery Tesla told me that they are still in talks and if I have pick it up today I have to pay $2k Or option to delay the pick up. Going to wait :( But very disappointed that they told this in the last min....till yesterday it was showing all payment related tasks are complete ! Hope Tesla works out something with NJ state soon.

I went today to pick up my new 2023 Model Y LR; It qualifies for $2k Nj rebate. However just before the delivery Tesla told me that they are still in talks and if I have pick it up today I have to pay $2k Or option to delay the pick up. Going to wait :( But very disappointed that they told this in the last min....till yesterday it was showing all payment related tasks are complete ! Hope Tesla works out something with NJ state soon.
Sorry to hear that and hope you get the rebate and pick up your car asap. Let us know the progress.

Based on the NJ terms and conditions, any EV with a MSRP under $55k qualifies for the rebates. MSRP does not include DMV, State Fees and Destination Fees. The terms and conditions also does not list qualified EV's. (Please do not take my word, please review the attached document and/or visit the NJ Charge Up website for verification)

You should go back to the Tesla dealer and show them this document/Website. you should be driving the car as we speak!

Keep us posted! i am still waiting for my car as well.

Best of Luck!

Attachments

• Charge_Up_New_Jersey_Terms_and_Conditions.pdf
    311.8 KB · Views: 62
Went today for my MY delivery, NJ has not yet included it in their eligible Vehicle, therefore they asked me to pay 2k more or wait for next week so that NJ might include it as eligible vehicle.
Thank you for the update, you would think Dealers can do that. Good luck with your delivery next week, please keep us posted. My online order from 1/19 for MYLR did not list the NJ rebate $2k as line item and unable to reach customer support so far!

Just wanted to share my experience today (2023-01-20). Completed payment and signed NJ clean energy paperwork for $2000 rebate. Got urgent message stating that I would not receive the credit and if I were to pick up the vehicle. Talked to sales representative and they told me that I would have to reschedule and wait for guidance from NJ state. Suggested I reschedule delivery date to later next week (2023-01-28) and wait for guidance. Disappointed as all this information was sent less than 24 hours before delivery window.

Hopefully this gets corrected soon!

Where does it state that? Terms and Condition of the rebate states EV MSRP must be under 55k
I emailed Charge Up New Jersey staff - the administration of rebate program. EMs and vehicle manufacturers have to submit a request to the Board of Public Utilities to have new vehicle models & updates added to the eligible vehicle list. Once the screening process is completed, they will be added to the list.

I emailed Charge Up New Jersey staff - the administration of rebate program. EMs and vehicle manufacturers have to submit a request to the Board of Public Utilities to have new vehicle models & updates added to the eligible vehicle list. Once the screening process is completed, they will be added to the list.

Thanks for the update.