Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Jersey EV Rebate?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just wanted to share my experience today (2023-01-20). Completed payment and signed NJ clean energy paperwork for $2000 rebate. Got urgent message stating that I would not receive the credit and if I were to pick up the vehicle. Talked to sales representative and they told me that I would have to reschedule and wait for guidance from NJ state. Suggested I reschedule delivery date to later next week (2023-01-28) and wait for guidance. Disappointed as all this information was sent less than 24 hours before delivery window.

Hopefully this gets corrected soon!
Sorry to hear that.. Did the NJ $2K rebate appear item on your original order? Does it need to added by Tesla to the order now to be effective , or will the rebate paperwork be initiated during delivery phase irrespective. Thanks, its hard to find any detail on their website and customer support is non existent...

Sorry to hear that.. Did the NJ $2K rebate appear item on your original order? Does it need to added by Tesla to the order now to be effective , or will the rebate paperwork be initiated during delivery phase irrespective. Thanks, its hard to find any detail on their website and customer support is non existent...
Yep, the $2K rebate showed up on original order. I received an email from the rebate center with additional paperwork to complete for the rebate. I believe they are now removing the rebate from new orders until this is figured out.

Just wanted to share my experience also. 24 hours before delivery was told that my Model Y order in NJ would not qualify and that my current balance was reflected to show the extra $2000 owed. Was disappointed but was suggested to reschedule for end of next week (2023-1-28). Hope this gets corrected soon!

I recieved an email today stating that NJ has confirmed that my vehicle would qualify for the $2K rebate however my balance has not been reflected to update this. I contacted the local showroom where my appointment was scheduled and they told me that my vehicle would not qualify. Unsure if this is news that has not been sent out to pickup locations yet.

Reactions: baddiebats
I recieved an email today stating that NJ has confirmed that my vehicle would qualify for the $2K rebate however my balance has not been reflected to update this. I contacted the local showroom where my appointment was scheduled and they told me that my vehicle would not qualify. Unsure if this is news that has not been sent out to pickup locations yet.
Did the email confirmation come from Tesla or someone from charge up NJ?

I did the Tesla.com chat today and they said it should but didn't confirm the on going issue with some users not receiving the incentive.

Did the email confirmation come from Tesla or someone from charge up NJ?

I did the Tesla.com chat today and they said it should but didn't confirm the on going issue with some users not receiving the incentive.
The email was from Tesla themselves. They suggested I provide them with availability so that they can change my currently scheduled appointment (which was moved due to the uncertainty).

Infact, as per one of the sale representative - some people who took delivery before yesterday and got the rebate might have to pay 2k more because NJ rebate was not applicable on the day of their sale.
They can’t go back to the buyer. The charge up NJ program specifically states that the dealer is responsible to confirm eligibility and can’t go back to the consumer if the rebate request is rejected.

The Tesla Design Studio is showing the $2k NJ Incentive. The MY still doesn't appear on the Charge UP NJ website. Progress...

Attachments

• Tesla Design Studio.jpg
    Tesla Design Studio.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 183
The Tesla Design Studio is showing the $2k NJ Incentive. The MY still doesn't appear on the Charge UP NJ website. Progress...

Yeah I saw yesterday that Tesla added $4k incentive to the <45k M3. The ChargeUp program is just saying "OEMs and vehicle manufacturers have to submit a request to the Board of Public Utilities to have new vehicle models & updates added to the eligible vehicle list. Once the screening process is completed, they will be added to the list." So seems like it's on Tesla's end to get this updated. Although I don't know how long the request process takes once submitted.

I don't have a delivery date yet so hoping this gets resolved before delivery.

They can’t go back to the buyer. The charge up NJ program specifically states that the dealer is responsible to confirm eligibility and can’t go back to the consumer if the rebate request is rejected.
"Dealerships and Showrooms may not recuperate the value of the incentive from a Charge Up New Jersey Terms and Conditions 8 customer in the event that the Program Administrator cancels or denies a reimbursement application due to Dealership or Showroom error or penalty."

Part 1, Section F. https://chargeup.njcleanenergy.com/...Charge_Up_New_Jersey_Terms_and_Conditions.pdf

Just in case anyone already took delivery and needs to show the terms and conditions.