Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Member - #1098

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah, I visited my insurance agent today preparing for the worst. Bill is going up $500/year over my Vette. I'm paying $660/6 months for the Roadster. 100/300/100 w/ $1k collision deductible and $100 comprehensive deductible. So it's right in the range.

I lucked out on insurance - my annual bill with Liberty Mutual went up by $830 when I added my Roadster Sport last month, but then I was given a 2nd car discount of $750, for a net increase of $80/year. !!!!! I'm still a little stunned, but in a happy way :). I suspect that having all my insurance through one company (homeowners, cars, etc.) made a difference. I was prepared for the worst, having heard stories of new owners that couldn't find insurance. Nice to be pleasantly surprised.

It took exactly one week to receive my California EV Rebate of $5k, so I was hoping to receive my HOV lane stickers just as quickly. I couldn't mail in the HOV application until I had the required plate number information - but really, months before sending??? How much time does it take to file the app and put stickers in the mail? Ugh.

Okay, probably a good thing that I saw this thread and had my expectations reset.

Welcome to the board!

I actually have an update to my sticker/timeline saga. About two weeks ago I get a letter in the mail from the DMV containing a State of California ZEV Parking Permit sticker. After doing some research it turns out you're supposed to have one of these in order to park at charging stations. But here's the interesting part, guess what they charge for the sticker? $17. Which explains the extra $9 they asked for when they sent my HOV sticker application back to me. So guess they're just out of practice processing those apps. On the bright side I saved $8 - should have paid $8 for the HOV stickers and $17 for the permit but ended up w/ both for $17. Not sure that I ned the permit though but I have it now :p

Last edited:
Yeah, so I'm sure mine looks funny these days from the rear with the big white sticker (HOV) behind the passenger headrest and the small white sticker behind the driver headrest. I can't see them in the micro-mirror, so it doesn't bug me. Wasn't about to stick an actual sticker to the car - the parking sticker actually comes with a note that you can put it in the rear window behind the driver seat instead of sticking it on.

While I haven't been pulled over yet for that sticker location, I suspect that'll change in July, though I suspect that'll be more of a conversation of white vs yellow, and no it's not just faded.

recommended laminating the sticker and propping it up on the rear window whenever needed but I do agree with strider on how they're a badge of honor.

I've seen DrTaras multiple times on the road but have yet to see another Roadster.
1) Caution: Someone else took the lamination & window advice and CHP (on the 118) gave him a fix-it-ticket; I agree on the badge of honor and starts up a EV conversation
2) Uh oh. Hope I was friendly on the road?

All stickers arrived and didn't take as long as some of you had to deal with. They must be working through backlog.

HOV Lane - took 4.5 weeks
Parking - took 5 weeks

I agree that these are a badge of honor - of course it was probably easier to put those on my Arctic white car. :) I also took the suggestion to put the stickers on VentureShield, so I won't have to worry about removal.