Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Member - Probably going to purchase Model S soon.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My old Vettes are Stick shift and Full of torque and quite honestly have stuff breaking from time to time but heck they're 49 & 53 years old.

Welcome Scott. You obviously have some good taste in cars. The '69 Stingray is among my favorites. Yours that is aged 49 years is likely one of them. Mine on the other hand fits on my office desk.

While Autopilot has a ways to go, it does help to alleviate the pains of the daily commute. All the best with your test drive.

20180227_100538.jpg

Well you probably won't find this very surprising give all I've shared this far, but my Camaro gets 250 maybe per tank, especially since I bought a tuner just to shut off 4 cylinder mode cause I couldn't stand the sound when it switched to it, so based on my normal 16 mile round trip commute I'm thinking the 75D is all I need. Family trip would probably be in the wife's XT5.
In summer we take trips with the Ferrari group I'm part of and that baby gets a whopping 12mpg :)
So thought of a Question.
What happens if you run out of "gas"?
Would you need a tow?
I know there's a gauge and all, just wondering...
You won't just suddenly run out. You'll be surprised at the growing number of charging stations out there. The car has a decent list in the nav, but apps/websites like plugshare, chargepoint, etc can point you to more stations if you've planned poorly. I've been opportunity charging at the gym I use, getting a free 20+ miles of charge while I work out. Although waiting around at a slow public station while gaining only 10mi/hour or charge isn't great. Superchargers are awesome though.

You may want to consider the bigger battery, not for more range but for more power. You'll be faster off the line with the bigger battery even without the performance model. You should test drive the bigger battery, they can "dumb it down" to the smaller battery so you can compare. Based on your stable, you might just find yourself needing the P100D or at least a 100D once you've driven it. It may take more to impress you, but if you are already close to wanting to buy, once you drive one you'll need it.

I just hope it isn't too quiet for you :)

Also, I've found that what the others say is true, when you get yours, you will look for excuses to drive it.

It is also somehow even more fun to roadtrip in it due to the free supercharging. You may have to wait for the supercharger to do its thing, but I usually need to stop to do my thing too.

Thanks, I'm pretty sure I want one just from research, pics, etc already. But best be thorough... a week's not gonna kill me with a June Delivery...
The code you're speaking of is that the one for Supercharger access?

Thanks,
Scott

Screenshot_20180227-191404.jpg

If you do move forward with the purchase of a Tesla, I'd say use the code from the Tesla owner who tells you the best joke - or from the one you find is most helpful. If you would like to reach out to another member privately to ask a question or to request their code, tap their user name and then select "Start a Conversation".

Biggest problem with Tesla's is that you really don't feel like driving anything else afterward. Had to drive my wife SUV last weekend to go to the mountains and it sucked... no pick up, no autopilot, small screen. Hoping to get a Y to replace it in a couple years or a used X.