Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Model 3 2021 - Software version

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

riveted

Mar 23, 2021
US
I have been digging around in quite a few threads about software and versions (all the good and bad of course).

I was checking up updates and information and am presented with this version:

Can anyone say where this is in the chain of versions? It seems hard to find any information about it or reference to it anywhere.
I just picked it up on Sat. I would make an assumption that everything is fairly recent but that could and usually is wrong. :)

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

These threads might help:

TL ; DR , that sounds like one of the many "factory firmware versions" and you will need to wait till you get a regular update pushed to you.

I have been digging around in quite a few threads about software and versions (all the good and bad of course).

Can anyone say where this is in the chain of versions? It seems hard to find any information about it or reference to it anywhere.
I just picked it up on Sat. I would make an assumption that everything is fairly recent but that could and usually is wrong. :)

Any suggestions?

Thanks!
Yep, you're wrong. :)

New cars come with older special builds. In a week or 2, you should get an update to the "regular" builds.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!
I took delivery of my new Model 3 on Sep 6 2021. The software version was not current. I gotta say…I’m not pleased about that. Customer service confirmed that the software was up to date, but could not do anything (nor could I) to force an update. I just don’t think that this process demonstrates respect for the customer. If anybody from Tesla is listening…New car deliveries should have the most current software edition.

Reactions: Vincent T
I took delivery of my new Model 3 on Sep 6 2021. The software version was not current. I gotta say…I’m not pleased about that. Customer service confirmed that the software was up to date, but could not do anything (nor could I) to force an update. I just don’t think that this process demonstrates respect for the customer. If anybody from Tesla is listening…New car deliveries should have the most current software edition.
Did you read the previous replies?