Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Car version 2023.44.6

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

SageBrush

REJECT Fascism
May 7, 2015
New Mexico
I might have the software version slightly wrong -- it is the Xmas version.
In general I have shied away from autopilot, and only tried the FSD trial today, about one month after owning the car. It went well enough that I will probably rent it for long trips, but my interest today was in trying out the surround vision parking assist. Our two cars are parked outside next to each other, with a tree in the middle.

The surround vision worked quite well, although at one point the car showed that further reverse movement was ill-advised. The cameras showed a clear path, so I got out of the car and went to rear, and did not see any obstruction. I continued to back up until the car said STOP!. I parked, and again walked to the rear and did not see any obstruction.

I was about to write off the experience as an overly cautious Tesla nanny when I looked up and saw the tree branches. The interesting detail here is that the branches were higher than the car, but not higher than the opened hatch.

Clever car

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Rice&Curry