Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Model 3 Paint Chips on Rockers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
10 days old. MSM color. Already seeing 15 to 20 little white chips on my rocker panels. I have mudflaps on order and have been careful driving so this is pretty disappointing on a car so new. Question - will the mudflaps solve this or is PPF a must? I really did not want to spend for ppf as I've never done it before for any other luxury car. My strong preference is to avoid the PPF. Thanks.

Liquiid PPF the rockers, skip any all mudflaps. They cause more damage than they are worth (even if PPFed at the mating surface).

Find a local or somewhat local shop that does Sprayshield, Autoflex Express or Autoflex. Far less than traditional PPF, just as effective. Can be sanded, buffed/polished, ceramic coated, etc. And yes its self healing too (just add heat).

10 days old. MSM color. Already seeing 15 to 20 little white chips on my rocker panels. I have mudflaps on order and have been careful driving so this is pretty disappointing on a car so new. Question - will the mudflaps solve this or is PPF a must? I really did not want to spend for ppf as I've never done it before for any other luxury car. My strong preference is to avoid the PPF. Thanks.
Large mudflaps, may block all the grit flying back towards the rockers and dogleg. Smaller mudflaps will not. The telltale is to drive on a rainy day and look at the sides of the car. Anywhere you see spray on the sides of the car are areas where grit can potentially damage the paint.

PPF for rockers can be DIY for about $120. invisiblemask.com. There's also a place that will sell PPF for rockers and the lower part of the doors, for about $200, carprotectionpros.com