Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Model 3 Performance news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Mine is still saying Jul - Sept 2024....happy to wait as I am a bit too lazy to sell my current 3P.

1715339733216.png

So, I get to Tesla for the M3P test drive, and the car wasn’t ready (even though they confirmed it would be) so scheduled for later in the week. I’ll report back then however they did have one in the garage to have a look at (blue).

The wheels look way better in the flesh that in the pics online. They are truly massive. The rears from the back look incredible. The interior – gorgeous.

The front seats look superb however I did notice that the seat base bolstering was noticeable hard and for the few minutes I was in the car seemed uncomfortable.

This is odd because I was assuming the seat backs would have that uncomfortable tight feeling, not the base. The seat backs where very comfortable.

Mind you, I’m a tall chap carry a few extra pounds so that doesn’t help, I guess.

Not sure if the seat base side bolstering is adjustable – I suspect not but I personally would have liked that to be a bit more flattened out. Tesla do say it’s like this for more spirited driving (and track use) support.

When I do the test drive, I’ll see if that uncomfortable tight feeling goes away.

I remember years ago I had a Golf V GTI that also had sports seats and I remember the same feelings – eventually I got used to it…

Pity that Aust couldn't get the bigger battery like the Fremont cars and the higher power output that the USA cars get.
82kWh Panasonic from Fremont allows for the 510 horsepower and 741 Nm torque vs China cars with their 79kWh LG battery that does 460 horsepower and 723 Nm torque.

Still those seats do like a nice upgrade over the current performance seats. The seats have always been a issue compared to the lovely seats you get in the VW/Audi/BMW/etc sport seats.

Pity that Aust couldn't get the bigger battery like the Fremont cars and the higher power output that the USA cars get.

Still those seats do like a nice upgrade over the current performance seats.
I test drove the M3P (2024) today and sorry to say boys but compared to my current M3P (2020) the acceleration from 0 - 100 felt exactly the same. I would know too, considering how often I give the car a boot.
It's a real shame we don't get the better battery :(

The handling feels better though. Feels more planted. Also, the bumps aren't nearly as bumpy.

• Informative
Reactions: louco73 and dronus