Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Model 3 Performance news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wonder how many orders for the M3P there were. When I ordered our MY on the first day, 3 minutes after it went live I know there was huge pent up demand and we got reports that there were something like 8000 orders on the first day alone with like twice that within a week or so. At that time here on this forum there were hundreds of us all "waiting" and discussing our orders. For the M3P though according to the Google Tracker Spreadsheet there are only seven of us. I realise that only a small percentage of people who ordered would be on this forum but as a ratio compared to the thousands of orders for the MY equating to hundreds of people on this forum saying they had ordered, I think we can safely assume that if there are only seven of us who ordered a M3P talking about it here then surely there would be far fewer orders Australia wide. I'm just speculating is all and trying to figure out what a smaller amount of orders means for timely delivery for all of us. The delivery window on the Tesla website for an order of a M3P right now is no different to day one so that probably says something too. When the MY went on sale by the end of the day the delivery window had pushed and kept pushing for a while.

Reactions: Brando_o
I wonder how many orders for the M3P there were. When I ordered our MY on the first day, 3 minutes after it went live I know there was huge pent up demand and we got reports that there were something like 8000 orders on the first day alone with like twice that within a week or so. At that time here on this forum there were hundreds of us all "waiting" and discussing our orders. For the M3P though according to the Google Tracker Spreadsheet there are only seven of us. I realise that only a small percentage of people who ordered would be on this forum but as a ratio compared to the thousands of orders for the MY equating to hundreds of people on this forum saying they had ordered, I think we can safely assume that if there are only seven of us who ordered a M3P talking about it here then surely there would be far fewer orders Australia wide. I'm just speculating is all and trying to figure out what a smaller amount of orders means for timely delivery for all of us. The delivery window on the Tesla website for an order of a M3P right now is no different to day one so that probably says something too. When the MY went on sale by the end of the day the delivery window had pushed and kept pushing for a while.
That release was crazy. Remember ordered ours as soon as it went live, and people that ordered that afternoon were months behind on delivery !

Hopefully they smash out all the orders quickly ! Wonder how the production line works with different variants ?

I haven't added mine to the tracker yet.

So that's 8 lol,

I ordered 4mins after 10am when it launched.

Hard to know how many superficially, but I have noticed over the last 2 years, our work carpark has slowly changed into a pretty high (certainly higher than the national average) percentage of EV's.

It's full of Teslas, BYD's, Polestars, Ioniqs. A solid 15% by now. I suspect there will be several people from just my workplace who have ordered a M3P

I havent even seen any real/proper reviews of the Aussie spec yet, not much buzz?
To ba fair, there isn't anything on the US spec ones either.

It's just tidbits here and there. Bit of a mystery. The early performance figures look good, the car's seem great, so I don't see why Tesla would be hiding behind a NDA. But it is a bit unusual to not have full fledged reviews from dozens of channels and publications when the car has already been delivered to people.

Reactions: fobo
I dont believe Leo Spirit will come to Brisbane this delivery as it is scheduled to come to WA then Adelaide and then off to NZ :-( @Sturty is the master tracker and might be able to give you a better guess as to which ship yours might be on.
It is there - Leo Spirit due in Brisbane 18/6. It depends if they’re jumping off like ours are supposedly or carried through like Adelaide’s. Unlike Adelaide or us, the Walrus run in later June isn’t going to Brisbane so I suspect it pretty much has to be on the Leo Spirit direct.

If someone wants to throw me their VIN in a PM I can try and draw some conclusion

IMG_0128.jpeg

It is there - Leo Spirit due in Brisbane 18/6. It depends if they’re jumping off like ours are supposedly or carried through like Adelaide’s. Unlike Adelaide or us, the Walrus run in later June isn’t going to Brisbane so I suspect it pretty much has to be on the Leo Spirit direct.

If someone wants to throw me their VIN in a PM I can try and draw some conclusion

View attachment 1051437
Ahh so this explains how the Kiwis have a June ETA on their site for the M3P

Oh crap, haha sorry bud i am obviously caffeine deprived this morning. Dont know how i missed that :-/ i just went straight to NZ lol
It is a bit strange because doesnt it say somewhere that EV cant travel from West to east?