Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Model 3 SR+ owner from Melbourne, Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi guys,

Just ordered my Tesla Model 3 SR+ on Saturday. Delivery in 1-3 weeks (once finance and trade in is sorted).

I have been a BMW driver (e46 and F30) for over 15 years now and i honestly got sick and tired of the amount of money i pour into maintenance.

The last straw was a few weeks ago when BMW charged me for a new tyre for a nail in the middle of the tyre rather than repairing it like they should have.

I'm a tech head (software developer in home automation) so keen to see what cool stuff i can do with the car.

I know this probably is an easy question to answer if i did a search but what kind of reading / research should i do before i get the model 3?

Anyway looking forward to the car.

Alan from Melbourne, Australia

Reactions: Zoltrix77 and Max_G
There are many tutorial videos online. Did you get any helpful links from Tesla upon order? You can also search the forum for a delivery checklist. When I was waiting for my first Tesla, I enjoyed listening to the Ride The Lightening podcast.

Hi guys,

Just ordered my Tesla Model 3 SR+ on Saturday. Delivery in 1-3 weeks (once finance and trade in is sorted).

I have been a BMW driver (e46 and F30) for over 15 years now and i honestly got sick and tired of the amount of money i pour into maintenance.

The last straw was a few weeks ago when BMW charged me for a new tyre for a nail in the middle of the tyre rather than repairing it like they should have.

I'm a tech head (software developer in home automation) so keen to see what cool stuff i can do with the car.

I know this probably is an easy question to answer if i did a search but what kind of reading / research should i do before i get the model 3?

Anyway looking forward to the car.

Alan from Melbourne, Australia
Hey mate,

Great to see another chap from Melbourne.

Hopefully you used a referral code so you get 1500km free supercharging. If not let me know and I shall give you mine.

Also have a look at the Tesla club in Australia, the Melbourne branch do great events.

Happy Driving!

It’ll be a tough time waiting! Once you’re hooked on these things it’s an addiction.

If you did the finance and trade with Tesla, I found it relatively painless. I had to chase the bank a little as my SR+ was in stock and Macquarie were dragging a little, but they were helpful and quite understanding once I could speak to someone.

We got finance externally but the whole process from test drive to picking up my own car was 10 days in total. Pretty impressive.

Since then i've driven it 700km. Had a small issue with camera calibration but got it working after a hard reboot and reset of calibration data.

Auto pilot will take some getting used to... weird feeling with it doing the majority of the work. Managed to get from the calder fwd onramp (from ring road) to Bell St / St George Road with the car doing all the driving pretty much (and this is standard auto pilot not self driving)

Reactions: Leeroy