TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

New Model S Performance $130,000

Discussion in 'Tesla for Sale' started by rebornborn, Feb 15, 2013.

1. rebornborn

rebornborn New Member

Brand New 2013 Tesla Model S Performance:

- Black Solid Paint

- All Glass Panoramic Roof

- Carbon Fiber Spoiler

- 21" Grey Wheels

- Tan Performance Interior

- Carbon Fiber Décor

- BATTERY 85 kWh Battery

- Tech Package

- Sound Studio Package

- Active Air Suspension Included

- Paint Armor

- CHARGING Twin Chargers

- Supercharging
    Available late March.

$130,000-
    Email if interested. Thank you

2. AnOutsider

AnOutsider S532 # XS27

Good luck sir. You're asking quite a bit over MSRP. I don't think you can get that sort of Premium even if the car were available right this moment. If someone has to wait a month and a half, they might as well wait 4-5 more months and get it exactly as they want it (plus rebate), or find something on eBay.

3. scriptacus

scriptacus Member

Not to mention whoever buys it misses out on the rebates and tax credits.

4. yobigd20

yobigd20 Well-Known Member

or just call around to stores and ask if they have any on their lot currently for sale. there are a few already (people who canceled for various reasons, like getting hit hard by hurricane sandy). soooo nobody going to pay a dollar over MSRP when they can get a brand new one right now off the lot at sticker price and still be able to claim tax rebate.

5. Martini

Martini Member

The gentleman is in Hawaii. Would this positively affect the resale value?

6. strider

strider Active Member

Tesla is about to open a service center there so the only difference is a couple weeks on a boat from the factory.

7. WFS

WFS New Member

I was on a test drive yesterday in Menlo Park, and TM is saying 1-2 months build now on new reservations.

8. brianman

brianman Burrito Founder

Welcome to the forum.

Are they saying this matter-of-factly (like it's an official statement), or after mulling it over when someone asks "how long must I wait"?

9. strider

strider Active Member

Any chance you drive a Brabus Mercedes? I was at Menlo yesterday trying to find a way to avoid the $68 shipping for floor mats and chatted with a couple there who were getting a Model S.

10. hans

hans P631

Third post ever to the forum is a for sale message? No thanks.

11. WFS

WFS New Member

No. It was fairly matter-of-fact. I was inquiring if there is still a production timeline difference between the 60/85/performance. I was asking when I could expect delivery of an 85.

- - - Updated - - -

No. We were there in the late morning. Drive a MB ML500. Barbuda sounds better than my ride :D

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry, Brabus

12. MAPC

MAPC #158

I'd be surprised if new orders were that quick. I have a window of 3/29-4/12 and that is the same amount of time out and I finalized in January.

13. Alexander

Alexander P# 8,878

If you make a reservation today for a fully loaded Model S, you can have your car in 4 weeks.

14. Jackyche

Jackyche Member

I thought if you finalized today, you can have it in 4 weeks or whatever. But if you put down the deposit today, you got long ways to go until delivery.

15. MAPC

MAPC #158

I find that hard to believe. I ordered in December, finalized in January and have a range of March 29- April 12. Would seem odd that ordering today would get it sooner.

16. yobigd20

yobigd20 Well-Known Member

I believe the correct response is that you can get it in less than 4 weeks after finalizing if you choose the correct options (non-40kWh, air suspension, & not-red). That does not include the time from reservation until you receive the finalization button though.

17. MAPC

MAPC #158

I hear you but from my finalization to the earliest point in my delivery window is just over 2 months---and I have air/60kW/non-red.

18. jvonbokel

jvonbokel John VonBokel

What did you find out?

19. strider

strider Active Member

No dice - they said the mats were on-line only and didn't have a way in the system to do a Will-Call pickup but that they were working on such a feature. I thought about pulling some strings but instead I ordered Lloyd's Mats, $183 to my door.

20. ToddRLockwood

ToddRLockwood Active Member

The factory has several new black Model S Performance available for delivery within one week. A friend of mine was offered one.