Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Model S / X interior update, now here?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The wood color and pattern is new/different for the premium cream interior package.

The silver/grey trim pieces for all interiors are now a darker graphite color.

Premium cream interior and standard black textile interior no longer available for P100D variants. Only premium black, premium black with light headliner, and premium ultra white interiors are available on P100D variants.

Door pockets?!
Strip air vent?!
Auto open/close doors?!
Burg/Red seats?!
Refreshed tail lamps?!
Fix broken audio sound?!

Tesla...here’s a big fat for your update!

Last edited:
Reactions: logan
Hi all, I just joined this community. I just bought a Model S (my very first Tesla) at the end of April. I chose for it to be delivered in September (end of professional financial renting for my todays car), though I could choose for July. This way I also hope for more changes to come on the inside (or who knows also the outside) of the Model S, that I can enjoy as well by the time they manufacture my car. Because these changes always appear unannounced, it's hard to predict when is a good time to buy your car. Well, in case of Tesla, it might never be a good moment, for they keep on changing things all the time. I am very happy though to not have to miss one of the more major "minor" updates of recent days, namely the new processor in the screen. Also the lights on the inside mirrors are nice, but between now and September I might get positively surprised by some other changes as well, like the interior camera (as a hardware change that will open future options), or the new vent system (like the Model 3), where people on other fora are speculation on. The only thing I hope really would regret is to (just) miss a major upgrade, like a change on the outside of the car (like in 2016), but, apart from very few speculation on the internet, I don't think that Tesla will do that in 2018. They have their focus now on the profitability and the Model 3 production (hell)... Still the new vent system on the inside would be awesome ;-)... Thanks for reading my posting. Hope to contribute more in the future. Kind regards from a Tesla owner to be (though it's ordered, as I wrote) from Genk, Belgium, Europe.

Finally, a true Genker has joined the fray!

Bienvenue Monsieur!

Hi all, I just joined this community. I just bought a Model S (my very first Tesla) at the end of April. I chose for it to be delivered in September (end of professional financial renting for my todays car), though I could choose for July. This way I also hope for more changes to come on the inside (or who knows also the outside) of the Model S, that I can enjoy as well by the time they manufacture my car. Because these changes always appear unannounced, it's hard to predict when is a good time to buy your car. Well, in case of Tesla, it might never be a good moment, for they keep on changing things all the time. I am very happy though to not have to miss one of the more major "minor" updates of recent days, namely the new processor in the screen. Also the lights on the inside mirrors are nice, but between now and September I might get positively surprised by some other changes as well, like the interior camera (as a hardware change that will open future options), or the new vent system (like the Model 3), where people on other fora are speculation on. The only thing I hope really would regret is to (just) miss a major upgrade, like a change on the outside of the car (like in 2016), but, apart from very few speculation on the internet, I don't think that Tesla will do that in 2018. They have their focus now on the profitability and the Model 3 production (hell)... Still the new vent system on the inside would be awesome ;-)... Thanks for reading my posting. Hope to contribute more in the future. Kind regards from a Tesla owner to be (though it's ordered, as I wrote) from Genk, Belgium, Europe.

Those poor people that bought theirs in the meantime must feel pretty stupid now.

If they had just waited and listened to those predicting an imminent refresh, they could have a slightly different wood veneer!
Seriously. I just took delivery end of March. Even though it came with McU2 I can’t believe I am missing out on the graphite trims upgrade that makes my black interior darker! Can I pay Tesla to retrofit it? It’s an upgrade right? They are telling people it’s a free upgrade? ;) I remember they also removed the alcantara from the dash last year. That was an upgrade too, right?

• Funny
Reactions: Sousagil90D and R.S

I guess you didn't know about the fighter jet wings upgrade coming next year huh?

Seriously. I just took delivery end of March. Even though it came with McU2 I can’t believe I am missing out on the graphite trims upgrade that makes my black interior darker! Can I pay Tesla to retrofit it? It’s an upgrade right? They are telling people it’s a free upgrade? ;) I remember they also removed the alcantara from the dash last year. That was an upgrade too, right?

I can't imagine you could enjoy the MCU2 w/o the graphite trim. Your cars is pretty much worthless now.

Not sure it the alcantara is an upgrade. I remember some conversations in the Model 3 sub forum, but I don't remember if Alcantara was the most important thing about the car, or if it was total useless crap and you should thank Tesla for not having it.

But I really have to say Tesla is ahead of everyone else again. People were complaining that the interior is dated now, compared to the I-Pace and the Model 3, but Tesla did it again. The new wood and gray trim put it a bit above Bentley, if not Rolls Royce, in terms of interior materials. Now the 20k upgrade from a Model 3 is justified again!

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: sandpiper
They also got rid of the chrome interior and replaced with a graphite

Attachments

• A76F58B7-0422-437F-B160-878A5768071A.jpeg
    A76F58B7-0422-437F-B160-878A5768071A.jpeg
    228.7 KB · Views: 132