Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Model X Configuration and Pricing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone had the experience of having their car under production while a change like this happens? Would Tesla go ahead and throw in the premium upgrades now at my previous price, since they are include it now and it seems like they're trying to streamline the production process? Oh I can always dream :)

• Disagree
Reactions: spectrum
Has anyone had the experience of having their car under production while a change like this happens? Would Tesla go ahead and throw in the premium upgrades now at my previous price, since they are include it now and it seems like they're trying to streamline the production process? Oh I can always dream :)
Im having the same dream.... just ordered aa X100D at the end of june without the premium package. The configuration in my account hasnt been updated, so if anything its not reflecting this change in my configuration on order. But as they havent started production, I’ll keep dreaming of that HEPA filter....

Reactions: Kacey Green
I placed an order on June 30th for a 75D (still not in production), upgraded paint, NO PUP, 7 seat config, EAP and FSD - total cost $95500

If I placed that same order today it would be $95000 ($500 less) AND have a PUP. I just emailed my DS. If they can't match that pricing either by giving me a credit for the difference, or tossing in a free PUP, I'm cancelling, because even if I have to eat $2500 I'd be worth it.

These things happen I guess but boy this is a little annoying.

In the UK base price of MX has increased £3200 and included the PUP however PUP was charged at £5000 previously.

I actually only really wanted HEPA and could justify £5k for pup but £3k i May have been tempted

I wonder if anyone who ordered pup now gets a discount or as you’ve said non pup orders getting it. Mine only came off production line the other week so I don’t expect free pup lol

Given that I have one currently in production status, I asked. The answer was unfortunately a clear no - see the following note from management.

Existing orders will be managed as follows:

· Confirmed Model S and Model X orders (stage = Ordered) with Premium Upgrades cannot be adjusted to match the new base price.

· customers will not benefit from cancelling and placing another order.

That said, I was happy to pay 131k for my MX100D as configured 3 weeks ago, and so I’m still happy to pay it now... I’d just take the 2k off if I could have gotten it. ;)

Im having the same dream.... just ordered aa X100D at the end of june without the premium package. The configuration in my account hasnt been updated, so if anything its not reflecting this change in my configuration on order. But as they havent started production, I’ll keep dreaming of that HEPA filter....
I just heard the news. I have an S 75D ordered with no PUP, must be very close to production but I haven't yet received production email. I'm hoping for the upgrade as it would seem that building cars without PUP would now be more trouble than its worth for Tesla. I'm guessing that the normal production line is now all about the PUP

for some reason i thought you had an X delivered or ready to be delivered already.

Nope. He posts as if he does but it's all his experience from his S, I'm assuming.

If ya'll have any problems with my posts feel free to report me to the forum police. The Model 3 group will clear out real fast if posting in forums of cars you don't have is prohibited.

• Funny
Reactions: P85_DA and spectrum
I imagine this move simplifies the supply chain and production line. It’s a sort of strange grouping of features. Some find value in one or two, hardly all but some do. Living in the Midwest most all cars I’ve ever had I’ve optioned for the “cold weather package”. But I wasn’t going to spend the entire Premium Package price for heated back seats and wipers.

But now those desert dwellers will have my heated wipers and the podcast listeners will have an 8” subwoofer. Does the lack of options or ability to customize the cars to your liking make it more generic? Does it even matter?

This is right in line with what Tesla has been doing for several years now: making what were options part of the base version and raising the base price while decreasing the cost of the former option items. And now it is an effective way to further differentiate the S/X line from the 3.
Today, Tesla increased the base price for the Model S and X while making the Premium Package standard (previously $5k option).

Model S Base: $77k ($2500 increase for US)
Model X Base: $83k

New pricing and configurations
Tesla updates Model S and Model X options, makes premium features standard and increases base price