TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

New Model X Configuration and Pricing

Discussion in 'Model X' started by ohm-ms, Jul 20, 2018.

1. ohm-ms

ohm-ms Member

• Informative x 1
    • Disagree x 1
  2. callmehere

callmehere Member

oh wow, really glad I placed my order 2 days ago! I didn't think the premium was worth $6k, and now my options would be $108k after destination charge instead of $104,500. Saved $3500 in 3 days, this new car is practically making me money! lol

• Funny x 6
    • Like x 1
  3. tpham07

tpham07 Active Member

glad i haven't placed my order yet either haha. im gonna wait until the last minute where i can still get the tax credit. Hello october order for december delivery :)

• Like x 4
  4. dethman

dethman Member

for some reason i thought you had an X delivered or ready to be delivered already.

5. Anzir

Anzir Supporting Member

Nope. He posts as if he does but it's all his experience from his S, I'm assuming.

6. callmehere

callmehere Member

Has anyone had the experience of having their car under production while a change like this happens? Would Tesla go ahead and throw in the premium upgrades now at my previous price, since they are include it now and it seems like they're trying to streamline the production process? Oh I can always dream :)

• Disagree x 1
  7. Peebee01

Peebee01 Member

Im having the same dream.... just ordered aa X100D at the end of june without the premium package. The configuration in my account hasnt been updated, so if anything its not reflecting this change in my configuration on order. But as they havent started production, I’ll keep dreaming of that HEPA filter....

• Like x 1
  8. Varmint

Varmint Member

I placed an order on June 30th for a 75D (still not in production), upgraded paint, NO PUP, 7 seat config, EAP and FSD - total cost $95500

If I placed that same order today it would be $95000 ($500 less) AND have a PUP. I just emailed my DS. If they can't match that pricing either by giving me a credit for the difference, or tossing in a free PUP, I'm cancelling, because even if I have to eat $2500 I'd be worth it.

• Like x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • Love x 1
  9. Fellsteruk

Fellsteruk Member

These things happen I guess but boy this is a little annoying.

In the UK base price of MX has increased £3200 and included the PUP however PUP was charged at £5000 previously.

I actually only really wanted HEPA and could justify £5k for pup but £3k i May have been tempted

I wonder if anyone who ordered pup now gets a discount or as you’ve said non pup orders getting it. Mine only came off production line the other week so I don’t expect free pup lol

10. Corbets

Corbets Member

Given that I have one currently in production status, I asked. The answer was unfortunately a clear no - see the following note from management.

That said, I was happy to pay 131k for my MX100D as configured 3 weeks ago, and so I’m still happy to pay it now... I’d just take the 2k off if I could have gotten it. ;)

11. Mike75d

Mike75d Member

I just heard the news. I have an S 75D ordered with no PUP, must be very close to production but I haven't yet received production email. I'm hoping for the upgrade as it would seem that building cars without PUP would now be more trouble than its worth for Tesla. I'm guessing that the normal production line is now all about the PUP

12. tpham07

tpham07 Active Member

If ya'll have any problems with my posts feel free to report me to the forum police. The Model 3 group will clear out real fast if posting in forums of cars you don't have is prohibited.

• Funny x 2
  13. dethman

dethman Member

I dont believe anyone said that you can't post anywhere you like. Many people here including myself cross post in all the forums.

• Like x 2
  14. Anzir

Anzir Supporting Member

+1. And across multiple forums.

No need to get them in a wad, tpham07.

• Like x 1
  15. Sonic_78

Sonic_78 Member

I imagine this move simplifies the supply chain and production line. It’s a sort of strange grouping of features. Some find value in one or two, hardly all but some do. Living in the Midwest most all cars I’ve ever had I’ve optioned for the “cold weather package”. But I wasn’t going to spend the entire Premium Package price for heated back seats and wipers.

But now those desert dwellers will have my heated wipers and the podcast listeners will have an 8” subwoofer. Does the lack of options or ability to customize the cars to your liking make it more generic? Does it even matter?

16. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member

This is right in line with what Tesla has been doing for several years now: making what were options part of the base version and raising the base price while decreasing the cost of the former option items. And now it is an effective way to further differentiate the S/X line from the 3.

17. SpudLime

SpudLime Member

Called my SA. Haven’t taken delivery yet and I asked about getting the lower price. He said corporate sent out a memo that they won’t decrease the price.

18. Anzir

Anzir Supporting Member

If you refuse delivery can they prevent you from ordering under the new pricing? I'd assume the $2500 deposit would be lost, so it would end up close to a wash anyway.

19. SpudLime

SpudLime Member

Nope. They said I can refuse and order again at the lower price and keep my deposit.

20. Anzir

Anzir Supporting Member

Then I guess the only difference would be if you got your original order in before the unlimited data plan got cut off. But that's still only $100/year vs. thousands of $ in savings.