Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Model X Configuration and Pricing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
what is the chance that ppl who ordered end of June, without PUP ($6k for Model X) and not in production yet, will just get PUP? I don't see them retooling their production line to include PUP by default, and then making a change for cars without PUP to remove the features.... doesn't make sense...

i have a feeling those that ordered without PUP will just get it for free... what do you guys think???

what is the chance that ppl who ordered end of June, without PUP ($6k for Model X) and not in production yet, will just get PUP? I don't see them retooling their production line to include PUP by default, and then making a change for cars without PUP to remove the features.... doesn't make sense...

i have a feeling those that ordered without PUP will just get it for free... what do you guys think???
You will not get PUP if you didn't order it, I guarantee it.

As for the people that did get PUP — questionable but that might be a no, too.

Has anyone had the experience of having their car under production while a change like this happens? Would Tesla go ahead and throw in the premium upgrades now at my previous price, since they are include it now and it seems like they're trying to streamline the production process? Oh I can always dream :)

My MX just went into production today. I sure hope they honor the discount on mine since it wasn’t built before they made the change.

You will not get PUP if you didn't order it, I guarantee it.

As for the people that did get PUP — questionable but that might be a no, too.

i think you're guessing as well. logically they are not going to change the production line to change the configuration for a handful of cars.....

the only way you are right is they have a "switch over" date, where every car after going into production line after a certain date will get the PUP by default. so if anything cars that were just recently ordered in the last few days have the highest likelihood of getting the PUP included at no cost

Tesla usually adjusts your final bill lower if the price has changed by delivery but that may only be currency exchange rate changes as I'm in Australia. The cool thing is if you locked your price in lower than delivery, they don't adjust up.

Has anyone had the experience of having their car under production while a change like this happens? Would Tesla go ahead and throw in the premium upgrades now at my previous price, since they are include it now and it seems like they're trying to streamline the production process? Oh I can always dream :)

Sometimes they hook you up. Example I got AP2 hardware even though I ordered AP1 before they switched. I think in this case unfortunately someone posted a memo saying they wouldn’t... the right thing I think would be to refund those that did order PUP since in their case they’re paying $2500 extra.

Reactions: callmehere
Sometimes they hook you up. Example I got AP2 hardware even though I ordered AP1 before they switched. I think in this case unfortunately someone posted a memo saying they wouldn’t... the right thing I think would be to refund those that did order PUP since in their case they’re paying $2500 extra.
I think the memo was in reference to people who had ordered PUP and were looking to get refunded the extra. I don't think there has been any comment by Tesla to those that have ordered cars without and are hoping to score PUP. Congrats on the AP2

Welcome to Tesla.

Could be worse... like the folks that were caught in the AP1 to AP2 change. Some lost $20k in depreciation before they took delivery of their cars.
Yes the pre AP to AP1 change was also painful for some but I think the worst examples would be people who upgraded from 60D to 75D the night before the price cut, it went from $15,000aud to $3000aud over night... and people who bought P100D before price cut. oh and there was that time they took away air suspension for no reason but to exhaust supplies of coil suspension at the factory.
To be honest, it's a risk buying a new Model S this late in the cycle but I just couldn't resist. This will be my third Model S

Okay so I just asked the group here at Tyson’s corner. The answer was if you order another car you would NOT lose your deposit. Their point was they wouldn’t have a problem selling the undelivered car and whatever made the customer happy they would do.

So if you want to wait and reorder at the lower price you can with no issue.

This is definitely not the option I was offered. My X wasn't in production, and they still weren't having any of transferring my deposit to another order. This was Tesla Bellevue.

Okay so I just asked the group here at Tyson’s corner. The answer was if you order another car you would NOT lose your deposit. Their point was they wouldn’t have a problem selling the undelivered car and whatever made the customer happy they would do.

So if you want to wait and reorder at the lower price you can with no issue.

Ugh. Just took delivery of an MX 100D - would have got this at $3K cheaper since it's part of base now. Damn. Oh well.

I do wish in these cases they would at least grandfather in (or offer small fee to enable) the non-hardware aspects of the retiring PUP product. This is just like back in 2015 where you needed to get PUP on Model S for powered
liftgate.

For some people the self-presenting door feature could be an accessibility benefit, and now that it's standard I wish existing MX owners could have it enabled.

Reactions: Kacey Green