Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Model X Owner UK - Salvage Repair

C6TTV

Nov 3, 2020
United Kingdom
Hi Guys,

I've recently purchase a Tesla Model X 2018 Category S Damaged.

I sold my Dodge Challenger SRT and this Tesla came up and took my fancy, I know its going to be a long road to repair!

I've replaced the following parts with genuine Tesla Items. I've had the car a week and its now structurally ok.

External

- Bonnet
- Front Headlight
- Wing
- Drivers Door
- Inner Wing Repair
- Front Bumper
- Front Bumper Wirining Harness
- Lower Wishbone
- Driveshaft Offside
- Steering Rack Tie Rod
- Lower Nuckle
- Anti Roll Bar
- Lower Arm
- Hub Assembly
- 20" Allow Wheel & Tyre
- Headlight Support Bracket

I do still need a new sway bar for drivers side!

Internal

- Full Airbag Replacement
- Air Bag Control Unit
- Seat Stitching Repairs

I have replaced the SRS Module and all of the internal cabin air bags, the seats are currently being repaired by a trimmer so I cant check the status of them yet.

These below messages are when I try to put the car into drive;

BMS_f062_sw_ctr_pwr - Service Required
BMS_f033_sw - Service required
DI_014 - Unable to drive voltage supply to low
GTW_w018 Power Reduced - Vehicle Systems Shutting Down

Battery is showing 86 miles on both the dash and the steering console that's was 92 when I collected the car. I haven't changed / checked the main battery pack pyro fuse under the car yet as I don't have the star key.

I also have the below service messages when the car is idle and on 12v booster pack power.

GTW_w182 - Park Assist unavailable
GTW_w105 - Safety Restrain System Fault
MCU_w008 - TPMS - Tyre Pressure Very Low
ESP_w003 - Traction control disabled
ESP_w003 - Stability control disable
TAS_a218 - Air Suspension adjustment unavailable (Suspension may not be level)

I currently have the following items disconnected;

All Seats are out
Airbag Module is In but I don't believe this has been reprogrammed, I have sent mine away to be done.
Front Drivers Wheel is off awaiting new tyre
Front bumper is off, loom is connected but missing 1 sensor on the end of the loom

Darren11111

Nov 26, 2020
United Kingdom
I am thinking about attempting a repair, can you give us an update on how you are doing?

What were the figures on this?

Does the car still connect to the Tesla network?

Thanks
Darren

C6TTV

Nov 3, 2020
United Kingdom
I am thinking about attempting a repair, can you give us an update on how you are doing?

What were the figures on this?

Does the car still connect to the Tesla network?

Thanks
Darren

All good so far, parts have taken a little longer than expected but the car is all back together just waiting on last few bits and its going to paint.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC