Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

new model y alignment issues

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
took delivery of 2023 model y fremont build with some alignment issues.
looking to see if someone here went through the same experience and got it fixed from tesla service center.

hatch on left side sits flush but hatch on right side does not.
rear door on driver side juts out a bit but passenger side its flush
matrix headlights are sticking out,

IMG_6137 2.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_6141 2.jpg
    IMG_6141 2.jpg
    264.2 KB · Views: 411
  • IMG_6140 2.jpg
    IMG_6140 2.jpg
    235.5 KB · Views: 427
  • IMG_6180.jpg
    IMG_6180.jpg
    609.8 KB · Views: 424
  • IMG_6181.jpg
    IMG_6181.jpg
    658.1 KB · Views: 435
  • IMG_6189.jpg
    IMG_6189.jpg
    441.5 KB · Views: 433
  • IMG_6190.jpg
    IMG_6190.jpg
    431 KB · Views: 442
I have the same headlight alignment issue on my 2020 LRMY. Tesla may be able to adjust the front bumper on that side. 2.5 years later and I have never tried to have this corrected.

Tesla Mobile Service may be able to improve the door alignment of the driver's side passenger door.

Did things get fixed to your satisfaction?

I have the same rear hatch situation. (Also headlights not centered in their mount location but they are flush with car body.)

Attachments

• E7266637-523F-44CB-A616-A84F1EC235C6.jpeg
    E7266637-523F-44CB-A616-A84F1EC235C6.jpeg
    241.5 KB · Views: 368
Just got home from a service appointment that I scheduled on delivery day for an alignment issue on the passenger side headlight and the drivers side rocker panel.
I heard the dreaded words “within spec” for the first time today after owning 3 Teslas.
I kinda put my foot down and said my 22 MY had the same headlight issue and it was fixed with no problems. I was told today it takes too much to try to fix it ie they have to take some plastic out of the frunk to reach the screws for the headlight or remove the whole bumper. I was told on delivery day that this issue is a quick fix.
The rocker panel was in so far towards the bottom of the car it didn’t even meet the black plastic of the wheel well. It was bad. So I kinda got spicy about it and said I’m sure the rocker panel can be fixed, so please go try again. Well wouldn’t you know it, 10 mins later the rocker panel is right where it’s supposed to be! I honestly think they could have fixed the headlight as well at this point.
I feel they were being very dismissive and until I got spicy then they changed their minds. Is it because I’m a girl and they just were trying to get me to leave? Was it just sheer laziness? I have no idea but good luck everyone with getting your issues resolved. This is the first time I have ever said anything negative about a Tesla service appointment and I feel bad about it.

Just got home from a service appointment that I scheduled on delivery day for an alignment issue on the passenger side headlight and the drivers side rocker panel.
I heard the dreaded words “within spec” for the first time today after owning 3 Teslas.
I kinda put my foot down and said my 22 MY had the same headlight issue and it was fixed with no problems. I was told today it takes too much to try to fix it ie they have to take some plastic out of the frunk to reach the screws for the headlight or remove the whole bumper. I was told on delivery day that this issue is a quick fix.
The rocker panel was in so far towards the bottom of the car it didn’t even meet the black plastic of the wheel well. It was bad. So I kinda got spicy about it and said I’m sure the rocker panel can be fixed, so please go try again. Well wouldn’t you know it, 10 mins later the rocker panel is right where it’s supposed to be! I honestly think they could have fixed the headlight as well at this point.
I feel they were being very dismissive and until I got spicy then they changed their minds. Is it because I’m a girl and they just were trying to get me to leave? Was it just sheer laziness? I have no idea but good luck everyone with getting your issues resolved. This is the first time I have ever said anything negative about a Tesla service appointment and I feel bad about it.
do you have before/after pics of the rocker panel?
so i basically had 3 issues and most of it were fixed to within spec which im happy about.
your experience was almost similar to mine.
i kinda lost when the service rep said "its within the spec" . put my foot down just like you said.
then she brought in some service tech and they were super nice. they ****in acknowledged my problem and told me they were going to fix it and make it look similar on both sides and they did 3 days later.
i discovered another issue while picking up my car. my front driver side window glass does not go all the way up automatically but it goes up manually.
service rep has booked a mobile service appointment to fix the issue on tuesday.

Reactions: 3YMimi73
do you have before/after pics of the rocker panel?
so i basically had 3 issues and most of it were fixed to within spec which im happy about.
your experience was almost similar to mine.
i kinda lost when the service rep said "its within the spec" . put my foot down just like you said.
then she brought in some service tech and they were super nice. they ****in acknowledged my problem and told me they were going to fix it and make it look similar on both sides and they did 3 days later.
i discovered another issue while picking up my car. my front driver side window glass does not go all the way up automatically but it goes up manually.
service rep has booked a mobile service appointment to fix the issue on tuesday.
Unfortunately I don’t. I wish I had taken pictures but I didn’t.
Im just glad they fixed it because if I went to install my mud flaps, there’s no way they would have even went on!
I am fortunate enough to have another MY in my garage to compare everything to.
I wish we didn’t have to get nasty with these service people but when you make an appointment at your Tesla delivery, thats a problem. Just fix the issues that may take you all of a half hour of your time.