Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Model Y curb rash on Day 2

SandDune

Nov 22, 2019
Seattle, WA
I installed them after getting curb rash on like my second trip out. Luckily I haven't tested them yet, but here's hoping they actually work. But my curbing was probably under 20 mph, and no where near as much damage.

NavyGator

Feb 28, 2019
NJ
I called a couple more guys and most said that the wheel was beyond repair. John Lowndes with Alloy Wheel Repair said that he could not promise but will try to fix it. I also asked him to powdercoat all the wheels black only if he could fix the wheel. He picked up the wheels yesterday and just dropped them off.

The pictures speak for themselves. He did an amazing job and at a very reasonable price. I would have paid atleast double at Tesla for the wheel alone.

The picture of the car with the wheel is the damaged one.

He does work for a lot of the local dealers and if you need wheel repair in Central NJ please reach out to him at 908-489-1740

Wheels look great, glad everything worked out for you....can you upload a few pics of your red MY with the new black wheels?

PedramGh

Jan 20, 2020
Berkeley
I called a couple more guys and most said that the wheel was beyond repair. John Lowndes with Alloy Wheel Repair said that he could not promise but will try to fix it. I also asked him to powdercoat all the wheels black only if he could fix the wheel. He picked up the wheels yesterday and just dropped them off.

The pictures speak for themselves. He did an amazing job and at a very reasonable price. I would have paid atleast double at Tesla for the wheel alone.

The picture of the car with the wheel is the damaged one.

He does work for a lot of the local dealers and if you need wheel repair in Central NJ please reach out to him at 908-489-1740

I am so happy to hear that this worked for you. I was sure they can fix it. These people do magic and cost is a fracture of a new wheel. The trick is not to find bodyshops but the people who specifically do alloy wheels.

Why_MY_Y

Jun 6, 2020
Washington DC
I got curb rash taking my PUP off road in the mountains no clue what I was thinking. I paid 150 per rim to get fix. Just pony up the money and instead of trying to fix it yourself you will fill better!

Dreamzz2004

Jun 1, 2020
Central NJ
Wheels look great, glad everything worked out for you....can you upload a few pics of your red MY with the new black wheels?

I have ordered the black lug nut covers and red Tesla center cap. They should be in by Tuesday.

Attachments

• 9E3C9FA0-C249-4054-BB1C-F48CB1C5B2D1.jpeg
    9E3C9FA0-C249-4054-BB1C-F48CB1C5B2D1.jpeg
    470.5 KB · Views: 74
  • 522CFF96-868C-4AD9-AF66-AA242B721A29.jpeg
    522CFF96-868C-4AD9-AF66-AA242B721A29.jpeg
    473.8 KB · Views: 58
  • 63104EDC-03C4-4AE9-BF7A-A1BF27622F4D.jpeg
    63104EDC-03C4-4AE9-BF7A-A1BF27622F4D.jpeg
    457.4 KB · Views: 61
Reactions: Dude85D

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC