Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Model Y owner

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I like to surf. Can i surf with my key card and turn off/airplane mode my phone? Will the salt water degrade the RFID card over time? I’ve used water proof credit card holders in the past. But they always fail. Thanks in advance!

what about teslaring.com ? I've been using it for a few months now without any problems. It's waterproof and everything.
I have videos on it and a promo code for 20% off if you use my referral code but you dont have to. I just like the ring.

Cool idea and I checked their site and may even consider picking up one for myself but important to note that IP68 is most definitely not waterproof despite what they say.

Upvote 0
I scuba and go swimming often during summer, I usually keep my card key in my pocket phone and wallet in my car. No degradation experienced so far (knock on wood). I think in a worst case scenario, I would just use my friends phone to call my wife so she can unlock it remotely.

Upvote 0
I scuba and go swimming often during summer, I usually keep my card key in my pocket phone and wallet in my car. No degradation experienced so far (knock on wood). I think in a worst case scenario, I would just use my friends phone to call my wife so she can unlock it remotely.
that's not a bad idea. this one has bothered me the last two weeks since I got this car. I'm excited to get this new lockbox that I plan to attach to my wheel when I head out.

Upvote 0