Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New MYP: Advice on minor build issues

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,

Picked up a 2022 MYP yesterday. Overall, it was a great experience and I'm stoked to finally be a Tesla owner. The main issue I noticed while doing the walkthrough was a slight misalignment / gap where the tail light meets the trunk. The salesperson was a little dismissive and said it was the design and within specs. I wanted to see what you guys thought and whether or not I should schedule a service appointment. Thank you!

Attachments

• Taillight.jpg
    Taillight.jpg
    989.7 KB · Views: 105
Hi all,

Picked up a 2022 MYP yesterday. Overall, it was a great experience and I'm stoked to finally be a Tesla owner. The main issue I noticed while doing the walkthrough was a slight misalignment / gap where the tail light meets the trunk. The salesperson was a little dismissive and said it was the design and within specs. I wanted to see what you guys thought and whether or not I should schedule a service appointment. Thank you!
Take a photo of yours and then inspect a few others to compare

The salesperson's only goal is to delivery as many cars as possible.
Examine the car closely, take as many pictures as needed, schedule an appt with the service center, and have them fix it.
It's your hard-earned money.
Worst case scenario is the service center say it's "within spec." But at least you want to hear that from them vs from some salesperson who's NOT in service.