Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Nav maps coming?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

MarcG

Oct 29, 2014
San Francisco
I'm currently on the latest firmware update I know of (2020.12) and my Navigation maps are at 2019.20, which I believe is also the latest.

[Side note: when I got my HW3/FSD computer hardware upgraded at the beginning of the month, the maps version had reverted to 2019.6, and as I was retrieving my car from the service center, it prompted me to update Nav maps to 2019.20, which was the latest at the time per Tesla's tech. This was just over two weeks ago.]

However, my car has been downloading a large amount of data (over a gigabyte so far) in the last hour and is continuing to download something at a rate of 20Mbps on average.

Could this be the sign of a new Nav maps update?

Last edited:
Let us know.

Ski

Yep, it was a Nav update: 2020.12

IMG_2747.jpeg

Looks like Nav maps 2020.12 are a prerequisite for the upcoming "Stopping at Traffic Lights and Stop Signs" feature, per this news article:

Tesla self-driving traffic light and stop-sign interaction explained in leaked manual - Electrek

Ensure the latest version of maps (NA2020.12-11866 or newer) has been downloaded to Model 3Model Y

Also looks like only for Model 3 and Model Y for now? Unless the manual is different enough for X & Y that their manuals have a different code base.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Silicon Desert