Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New owner - AP2 questions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All,
Proud new owner of a 60D, with a few questions if I may!

I've driven around 200+ miles now in The 60D but still the TACC and AP isn't working.
TACC just says it's not available.
AP says not available on this road, but for every road I've been on.

I called roadside assistance and they connected in, told me to reset the car (switch off, wait for a minute, power back on) and they've said the TACC is reporting an error with the radar that may need adjustment. They also asked if my car has had a knock!?
It did have 21 miles on it at delivery - does that sound like something is going on?

I don't really want to be driving it all the way back to gatwick to get fixed on a 2 day old car!

Also with the AP - I know it's only 45 / 50mph but surely it should work on motorways?
Should I be seeing white road lines on my dash? I'm just seeing black lines and no other cars on my dash. Just the warnings when vehicles are passing either side.

Last one, What's the latest software I should be running in the U.K.?

Briefly, Tesla definition of appropriate roadways seems to be divided highways (freeways). Eventually that will be expanded to all roads. But now that you're a Tesla owner you get to learn how to wait. And wait... But like they say, all good things come to she or he who waits. :)

Rather than spelling out everything here I'll just point you to a thread where this is being discussed at length:

Welcome to the exciting world of Tesla! :)

Edit: If you do not have 17.5.28 yet, keep your car connected to wifi as much as possible as that's the way Tesla prefers to send updates. Also *maybe* since the car is so new, *maybe* you could get the service center to install it for you. However, that would entail a trip to the service center. I said "maybe" because they are not supposed to install updates unless the car is there for some other service related item.

Last edited:
Briefly, Tesla definition of appropriate roadways seems to be divided highways (freeways). Eventually that will be expanded to all roads. But now that you're a Tesla owner you get to learn how to wait. And wait... But like they say, all good things come to she or he who waits. :)

Rather than spelling out everything here I'll just point you to a thread where this is being discussed at length:

Welcome to the exciting world of Tesla! :)

Edit: If you do not have 17.5.28 yet, keep your car connected to wifi as much as possible as that's the way Tesla prefers to send updates. Also *maybe* since the car is so new, *maybe* you could get the service center to install it for you. However, that would entail a trip to the service center. I said "maybe" because they are not supposed to install updates unless the car is there for some other service related item.

And to add to the excellent reply above....

If you're not seeing the cars in front on your dash display, just lines, and service has said you have a radar error, I'd take that seriously. The only time I've had an error regarding radar was in heavy snow; car told me radar unavailable and the cars in front weren't showing. You may need a service visit unfortunately.

Do reply with your current firmware version, though.

I'm on 17.3.15, which has just been superseded I think? (New update not available yet in the UK?)

I've called Tesla again and need to wait for their service centre to open tomorrow before someone can actually take a look to tell me what's going wrong. Really don't want to have to drive back to Gatwick for something that should have been tested before taking delivery!