Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New owner awaiting Model X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello everyone, Sean here from Montreal. I have been waiting for a longtime to buy my first Tesla. I was done with final lease Audi SQ5 2019. I tried the model 3 for the first time last summer, my son has one so I had the time to try out for more than a week. I fell in love, it was over... my Audi came in second.

I finally put a deposit on a '17 MX D100. 58...kilo the D is mint. Went for a test drive and I found the break when used, had a mushy feel to it.. as if I had to floor it to gt it to stop. That will be a major point of our conversation with the dealer selling it.

Thanks to you guys, and girls, I read about the brakes having a problem and the repair $$ attached.

Also I read up on the new screen/software update MCU2, these are things I need to be aware of.

would you have any other fast track information for me? all recommendation are welcome. Much appreciated

sean

HI @seanrmz,welcome to the forum! I’m a new member as well and I’m also waiting on my 2017 MX. It should be here this week!! Did you buy directly from Tesla or from a car dealer?

hello and thanks for the warm welcome, I bought it from a used car dealer. I will be getting the MX inspected in case. I felt the breaks a bit weak.. I should be getting her this week too.. cant wait
sean

Reactions: Baxterdown
would you have any other fast track information for me? all recommendation are welcome. Much appreciated
sean
hello from Nevada. Yes, my recommendation is that if you have a wife, tell her to stay away from you till the car arrives. :)
I can just imagine the stress of waiting. We wouldn't want you to kill her in a fit of rage when they call you and tell you there is a delay :eek: :D
Congrats

• Funny
Reactions: Baxterdown
thanks Jb, I will mention this to the dealer, I want an inspection first.
An inspection is a good idea.

The brakes might need to have the fluid changed and bleed. Brake fluid is hygroscopic, that is it absorbes water over time, so it is never a bad idea to change the brake fluid. Tesla used to have brake fluid replacement on the scheduled list of items for maintenance every few years, so perhaps it is time.