Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New P100D with free L. Impact on used market?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have started wandering about the new pricing of Tesla P100D with free ludicrous option if you have an S. Is anybody think will it have an adverse effect on current used market pricing? You can have a new P100DL for $99.500+1200. FSD additional 5k. If you believe on that. And get 345 miles range. How should we evaluate what price is good used from now on? Anybody else started to think about this or I am lonely one?

not a significant impact. Only people who can get it are current owners who swap. But that does mean more used S and X for sale. I doubt its enough to matter considering how few of these are sold yearly.

Of course the value will be lower. Teslas have always had excellent resale value. They are cars and they have residual value percentages based on purchase price. If the new car gets cheaper a 3 year old car is still worth about 60 percent of a new one, it’s just math. A three year old 100k car is worth 60k, a 3 year old 70k car is worth $42k. It doesn’t matter much what the car cost new if they reduce the new pricing.