Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Petition to White House Requesting Direct Tesla Sales in All States

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I admit I thought getting 100K signatures in a short period of time seemed impossible with basically 14,000 cars on the road. I did sign the petition though several days ago and now that it looks achievable my wife and daughter also signed the petition.
So things to do: 1. All relatives should sign.
2. Social media connections
3. News outlets..local papers; regional TV news/especially their investigative reporters (they love this little guy/big guy stuff)
4. Anyone else you know with multimedia/political connections.

Looks like this can be done.

Edit: Contacted VP Biden: Delaware is a small state; Biden was our Senator and many years before that our local area councilman.

Last edited:
Time running out on petition to allow sales in 50 states, SIGN NOW & pass along

Please sign (takes a few moments) & forward to friends/family. We need to grow exponentially.
https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/pe...ell-directly-consumers-all-50-states/bFN7NHQR
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Allow Tesla Motors to sell directly to consumers in all 50 states.

States should not be allowed to prevent Tesla Motors from selling cars directly to customers. The state legislators are trying to unfairly protect automobile dealers in their states from competition. Tesla is providing competition, which is good for consumers.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I will so do that.

Hm, I don't think it is time for celebration just now: we're not done yet - so let's not get distracted. We should make further efforts to get the word out. Who knows people with large following? Who could spread the news?

I think it is important that this is projected as a larger issue that is not just a problem for Tesla: if we want to remain an agile economy that thrives of true survival of the fittest, we need to make sure that great ideas have a chance to compete in the market place. So when spreading the news, make sure to include this argument.

What exactly is the deadline for gathering the 100,000 signatures for this petition?

What exactly is the deadline for gathering the 100,000 signatures for this petition?
Until what moment in time shall people be able to ad their signature for this petition?