Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Petition to White House Requesting Direct Tesla Sales in All States

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My question is not clear it seems. I would like to know till what TIME a US citizen over the age of 13 will still be able to sign the petition?
Is that at 2 PM PDT on July 5th, 2013? Or is it sometime in the morning/evening? What TIME?

Sign now and stop worrying about it. Whenever an entity states a deadline date, it is normally for the end of that day. In this case the White House is in the EDT (UT-4) time zone. So I imagine that the deadline is July 5 at 24:00 EDT (July 6 at 00:00 EDT or July 6 at 04:00 UT). Signers are not required to be US citizens. :smile:

Sign now and stop worrying about it. Whenever an entity states a deadline date, it is normally for the end of that day. In this case the White House is in the EDT (UT-4) time zone. So I imagine that the deadline is July 5 at 24:00 EDT (July 6 at 00:00 EDT or July 6 at 04:00 UT). Signers are not required to be US citizens. :smile:

Do you mean that European people can sign as well?

Do you mean that European people can sign as well?

Yes, even though Europeans have weird ideas like believing in "global warming" and "free markets" and "civil rights", for some reason the WhiteHouse site seems to still allow registrations from outside the U.S. :).

Not sure if you have to state a U.S. address. Why don't you try and post back here?

Yes, even though Europeans have weird ideas like believing in "global warming" and "free markets" and "civil rights", for some reason the WhiteHouse site seems to still allow registrations from outside the U.S. :).Not sure if you have to state a U.S. address. Why don't you try and post back here?
You can sing even if you are not US citizen. I'm from Moscow/Russia and already me and my wife signed petition. So you can ask your European friend to sign it too. Hope we will achieve 100k soon.

Incorrect. The petitions are open to anyone since the issues in general might have international consequences.

Indeed, foreigners are allowed to petition the US government. In this case many of them are either shareholders of Tesla Motors or potential purchasers of a Model S, so those people would have a special or vested interest in related government policy.

Elon Musk just tweeted at 10:03am this morning, "Almost 100k votes to allow Tesla to sell directly in all states! Please rally people to vote at http://wh.gov/llpAp[FONT=Helvetica Neue, Arial, sans-serif][/FONT] "

Got to love it. Still tweeting and promoting the company even while on vacation. :)

Someone has to tell him to stop doing that (although in this case we can make an exception :wink:). He really needs some time off. He also has to eat healthier and get some exercise. Elon's physical condition has visibly deteriorated over the last twelve months. Tesla, SpaceX and Solar City need him for many more years, and so do his sons.

He needs Asics! Not to run on (although that would help) but the acronym of Anima Sana In Corpere Sano (latin for healthy soul in a healthy body).

This petition has done MUCH better than I expected. I doubt there's much that Obama can do, but I hope it gives the state legislators a feeling of the mood populous.

Elon needs a man/gal Friday. Someone sticking with him like glue who can make sure all the T's are crossed and I's are dotted for him.

This petition has done MUCH better than I expected. I doubt there's much that Obama can do, but I hope it gives the state legislators a feeling of the mood populous.

Elon needs a man/gal Friday. Someone sticking with him like glue who can make sure all the T's are crossed and I's are dotted for him.

If the petition reaches the 100,000 signature goal, it will get a LOT of media attention. The fact that the petition is doing this well has already shown up on many blogs, news sites, etc. I wasn't too surprised that many technology web sites picked up the story, but I was kind of surprised to see this in the LA times: Tesla supporters petition White House for direct sales - latimes.com

If the petition reaches its goal, I think the media attention will have a much bigger impact than any sort of direct action by the Obama administration would have had.

If the petition reaches the 100,000 signature goal, it will get a LOT of media attention. The fact that the petition is doing this well has already shown up on many blogs, news sites, etc. I wasn't too surprised that many technology web sites picked up the story, but I was kind of surprised to see this in the LA times: Tesla supporters petition White House for direct sales - latimes.com

If the petition reaches its goal, I think the media attention will have a much bigger impact than any sort of direct action by the Obama administration would have had.

Agreed. But we can't get too far ahead of ourselves. Still need 20K+ signatures. I never thought it would get this many but now that it is so close it would be tough to fall short. I emptied my email address book and have told all my coworkers. Keep pushing.