Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Petition to White House Requesting Direct Tesla Sales in All States

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The even funnier thing is J.T. from Atlanta still only has 1 signature (himself). He couldn't get a friend, family member or co-worker to sign it?

Would you want anyone to know that you're somehow related, have befriended, or interact with him by the same water cooler? Even though it's only your initials and US city that shows up, I wouldn't want anyone to even suspect I had signed for him.

Curious...
Petition201307011940PT.png

Just before 84K.

- - - Updated - - -

The even funnier thing is J.T. from Atlanta still only has 1 signature (himself). He couldn't get a friend, family member or co-worker to sign it?

Would you want anyone to know that you're somehow related, have befriended, or interact with him by the same water cooler? Even though it's only your initials and US city that shows up, I wouldn't want anyone to even suspect I had signed for him.

I swear that that J.T. from Atlanta is in fact not me!

JT from Atlanta/ElSupreme

If this does succeed to 100K signatures, I'm not sure how the US Govt could single out preferential treatment to allow Tesla to sell direct to all states. It should be more along the lines of striking down dealership-protection state laws at the federal level as an act of violating interstate commerce. That might require an act of our can't-get-anything-done Congress.

Either way, if it continues at the rate it's going, we'll probably hit 100K signatures some time around July 3rd, which is cutting it really close. We've only gained a little over 10K signatures over the past 24 hours. We really need to continue to spread the word as much as possible.

I got only two saved searches in Twitter, one of them $TSLA. It is only way for me to receive twits outside of "followers/following" system...

But may be someone know other popular tags? May be twitting with $aapl something like "Tesla, an Apple-like automaker that is trying to change status quo and compete freely with cardealerships need your voice in a battle"?

Or target free market/consumer protection groups with twits...

I mean most Americans hate that car dealership model, so lets try to reach them, not only green/Tesla crowd. Not very familiar with Facebook.