Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Powerwall install...appreciate some feedback if all ok

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
….
Yep, folks have NO idea how much electric heating draws!! I use about 100kwh a day now, and solar only producing like 35kwh.
Good point on heaters, I have no backup if mine break, but I have 4 compressors, so maybe okay. I have a 22kw generator connected to my 500 gallon propane tank. I have propane water heater. When it gets cold outside, like now, systems really work overtime to try and get back up to my 72 degree upstairs setting.
I got 12K generator, 100 gallons of propane. Which won’t last long making electric resistive heat. Thermal efficiency probably one sixth at best, so I decided to pickup some propane heaters which will make better use of the propane. I also got refillable 1lb bottles.
Your propane might only last 20 days.

What is almond?

The almond (Prunus amygdalus, syn. Prunus dulcis) is a species of tree native to Iran and surrounding countries, including the Levant. The almond is also the name of the edible and widely cultivated seed of this tree. Within the genus Prunus, it is classified with the peach in the subgenus Amygdalus, distinguished from the other subgenera by corrugations on the shell (endocarp) surrounding the seed.

80% of the world’s almonds are grown in my area of California. After about 25 years the trees stop producing a commercially viable crop, so they’re ripped out and make for an abundant local source of biofuel. ;)