Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Roadster Goodies for 2014

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
40-to-50 in Hong Kong, by rumor.

I'm amazed there's that many. I thought it was just yourself and maybe half a dozen others!

It would suggest the Tesla-population per square mile is 150 times denser than that of the UK, much like the human population density (I used to live there ..)

Do you know what level of interest there is in the Model S in HK ? … and China ?

I'm amazed there's that many. I thought it was just yourself and maybe half a dozen others!

Do you know what level of interest there is in the Model S in HK ? … and China ?

Tax free, so a pretty good deal here.

So far, more than 300 Model as reservations in HK. China has just started accepting reservations, and first showroom will open later this year.

The new Roadster Goodies will be available also for first (2009) Roadsters?

I put this question because I was looking some 2009 Roadster pics and I got the idea that for them the range was not the same as latest Roadsters, like if they had a shorter range. So I thought that maybe for first Roadsters the engine + battery pack was different. Smaller batteries and less powerful engine for first Roadsters?

I read on this thread about a motor upgrade. And for what is concerning second battery replacement (for those who bought it) Tesla has to provide same batteries. If a new battery comes out it's up to Tesla if to instal the new battery or the old battery. No commitment according to the contract of second battery replacement (I read it).

I think he has forgotten us. I realize he's busy fighting off the biased media critics, introducing the "S" to China, developing his charging infrastructure , and pulling the "X" into production. Meanwhile, the miniscule Roadster contingent that helped him get started sits quietly waiting at the back of the line. We'll love our cars whether he tosses us a bone or not, but none the less it is disappointing. It weakens one's faith.

I think he has forgotten us. I realize he's busy fighting off the biased media critics, introducing the "S" to China, developing his charging infrastructure , and pulling the "X" into production. Meanwhile, the miniscule Roadster contingent that helped him get started sits quietly waiting at the back of the line. We'll love our cars whether he tosses us a bone or not, but none the less it is disappointing. It weakens one's faith.

From the Munich town hall Elon again mentioned something cool was happening to the Roadster later this year. @ 18:20, of course Elon didn't spill the beans.
[video]http://new.livestream.com/accounts/1666434/events/2732287[/video] 3rd video down.

Last edited:
I don't recall which recent European press conference (I believe Munich) the roadster was discussed but I definitely recall Elon mentioning something cool was happening to the Roadster later this year. I'll see if I can find it.

He said it at TESLIVE in July as well. But I don't think he's forgotten us yet. He gave a very vague timeline of "2014" and it's not the end of the year yet. All reports I've heard are that every engineer is heads-down hard at work getting the X into production.

As they should be! While it would be nice to have new toys for the Roadster, personally I'd rather see Tesla put their energy into the next generation of cars. The sooner we get Roadster 3.0 the better! :smile:

I'm looking forward for Model X and Model E. But I m not interested i Roadster 3.0. It will probably very different then our roadsters: Bigger, less sporty, more like a Gran Turismo... but of course I might be wrong!

I'm looking forward to something new for the roadster as much as the next guy but I didn't expect it on January 1st. Of course the sooner the better but if it doesn't get here until December, I'll be ok with that.