Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New S75 owner and quick mileage test

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Recent journey in an S75 I got the following numbers -

195.2miles using 53.3kWh at 273Wh/mi leaving me a potential 275.18 on a 75kW battery and 3.67mi per kW. Filling up now the typical readings were 12% battery with 28miles left, but at 53.3kW used and 21.7kW left I have 29% left, good for 80 more miles on these numbers.

Not sure I wanted to risk having the typical readings all at zero but still seeing kW left in battery, but do wonder if I could drive beyond those fixed measurements on the EU typical settings (EPA rated miles I believe)

Yes it was 100% and had 232 miles at the start. Yes and of course 72.6kW useable as reported.
Funny enough at Norton SC today I filled back up to 100% (it stopped at 98% mind) and it took 62kWh in, although it said I only used 53.3kW overall, so the maths goes off a little between the typical measurements and the "since last charge' measurements, with the typical/EPA giving the battery % and mileage at the bottom in the green battery icon seemingly more accurate than the other method.