Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New SC in Seattle

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They do have the superchargers spread out in the NW. Tesla has said they are building the supercharger network up 101 to Port Angeles or Port Townsend. They are almost finished with the Oregon portion and Aberdeen is in permitting. I expect Forks will be next.

Tesla has put superchargers in major metro areas in California and a few other places, but they want to discourage locals from using superchargers as their primary charging source. Even though the 2016 map shows a supercharger in Seattle, I doubt they are going to build one any time soon opting for locations where people traveling to or from Seattle would need to charge.

One area there is a major void is eastern Oregon. There is a new supercharger in Bend now, but there is nothing and no plans for the SE 1/4 of the state. I also think the I-5 corridor needs a little more redundancy and the outer fringes of both Seattle and Portland should get some more superchargers. There should be one around Bremerton, one around North Bend, WA, both on I-84 around Troutdale and SR14 near the mouth of the Gorge on the Washington side.

Bremerton might see some love in the next year if they finish the Olympic Peninsula loop.

OK, let's start thinking about CA-style sales and really plan for the future. How about SC's at ALL of the following:
1) Alderwood Mall (and a bunch of 80 amp HPWC's too.)
2) Auburn Outlet Mall (and a bunch of 80 amp HPWC's too.)
3) 6th Street Service Center (to complement the HPWC's there)
4) I-90 & 18 (or North Bend) since there will be future development there.

Hmmm, maybe these suggestions should be in a different thread:
5) Bremerton
6) Sequim Bay
7) Aberdeen
8) Long Beach
9) Omak/Brewster
10) Lewiston
I've heard from a credible source that Tesla is looking at 14 total SCs in WA. Given this rumor and my list above, I'd guess that they will add Forks and drop Long Beach. Also they may drop North Bend or one of the other malls in favor of less expensive HPWC installations. Given the Sandy OR site, I'll also speculate on two gateway SCs, one on the way to Mnt Rainier and one near Monroe/Everett.

Reactions: LovelyCarrot
Just published: here's Tesla's 2017 plan for Seattle and PNW SC locations
IMG_6576.jpg

Just published: here's Tesla's 2017 plan for Seattle and PNW SC locations[/]
ok, it looks like Seattle, North Bend, Forks, Sequim, Olympia, Monroe, Wenatchee, Omak, Boardman OR, and Nanaimo BC. I'm surprised by Monroe, expecting Lynwood. Also I expected one on the way to Mnt Rainier. Board man is due to the wind and trailers. they should upgrade or add 8 unit ones in Ellensburg and the Dalles.

• Informative
Reactions: LovelyCarrot