Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Software Diff 2020.4.2 thru 2020.4.11

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
well, now they have 2020.8.1 in Europe....lol
update:
I just got updated to the new 2020.4.11 last night and this afternoon I got the 2020.8.1.....the big difference for me is a lot better regeneration for the brakes....much smoother and judging distance is much easier to control....I hope the range upgrades wont cost too much if we have to pay for them....my car is 17 Jan 2020

Does anyone think that guy that got an article on electrek and other blogs faked it? It’s just odd no one else has seen a range boost
I stand corrected. I was at Tesla today and the sales staff had informed me that it’s the new X’s with a new battery that will get the range upgrade. Sadly my raven and those ravens delivered in 2019 won’t get a range increase

what about the new Ravens delivered in Jan 2020
He said it depends if you got the new battery pack. Apparently there’s a new battery pack being used in the long range + models. I think if you see an F pack instead of an E you will get the extended range. I’ve never looked under my vehicle but apparently you are able to see a tag that indicates the pack letter.

He said it depends if you got the new battery pack. Apparently there’s a new battery pack being used in the long range + models. I think if you see an F pack instead of an E you will get the extended range. I’ve never looked under my vehicle but apparently you are able to see a tag that indicates the pack letter.
its on the VIN # of your car....the 7th item is the battery indicator.......if you have an “E” you got old battery.....if you got “F” then you got new one.....I got and “E"

i have the F battery 12/19 build just loaded 2020.8.1 no change in range
really......my car was built 30 days after yours and I have the “old” battery..... “E”.......Ummm.......what are the first three numbers of your vin number?

mine is 366xxx.......I am sure if yours is before me, which I suspect, I am going to have a lot of questions for Tesla.....I should have gotten new battery chemistry like you....

thanks for the help

sorry.........I went back and checked.....I have the “E” new battery.....:(

Last edited:
He just said a new battery “pack” I don’t think they have the same as model 3 and model y because they still don’t have as high amperage as the 3’s while supercharging
have him explain what “new battery pack” is....ask why type of batteries are used....if he cant answer he is lying to you big time and I would call him out on it

really......my car was built 30 days after yours and I have the “old” battery..... “E”.......Ummm.......what are the first three numbers of your vin number?

mine is 366xxx.......I am sure if yours is before me, which I suspect, I am going to have a lot of questions for Tesla.....I should have gotten new battery chemistry like you....

thanks for the help

sorry.........I went back and checked.....I have the “E” new battery.....:(

I have the model X so not sure vin will help - 230xxxx. I picked up on 12/20 - car was built that week.

3DE3F12F-9BC2-435C-B28B-8CE7CDB1CA3A.jpeg
I have a 2016 MS 90D. My software is at v10.2 (2020.4.1)
Will I get this update?

Last edited:
My 7th character on the VIN is an "E". Raven with a build date 11/19. Elon said "the Raven's within the last few months will get the range boost." Was hoping this will come. Unfortunately I'm still stuck on 2019.40.50.7 so I wouldn't know either way. Thanks Zanary for the tip about the service. I just requested it and put in the comments "please push through etc". See if that makes a difference.

My 7th character on the VIN is an "E". Raven with a build date 11/19. Elon said "the Raven's within the last few months will get the range boost." Was hoping this will come. Unfortunately I'm still stuck on 2019.40.50.7 so I wouldn't know either way. Thanks Zanary for the tip about the service. I just requested it and put in the comments "please push through etc". See if that makes a difference.
Yes right....I have the “E” battery as well and got 2020.8.1 last Wednesday....a day after I got 2020.4.11.....the best thing about this update is the “Stop” mode and brake generation works much, much better.....there is however, no range increase....the NOA work better for me since I was upgraded from 2019.35.105 and there is no “ping-ponging”.....I am extremely happy with my car.....its getting better and better each timeI drive it....I am eager to run my wife’s errands and look for thing to do that causes me to have to drive....:)

Reactions: MLo1 and ekendahl