Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Software Diff 2020.4.2 thru 2020.4.11

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone know what the differences are in the range of these revisions? I am still stuck with 2019.35.105 and was told that I will probably get upgraded at 2020.8.....my car is a 17 Jan 20 mfg date and 30 Jan 20 delivery date and I cannot fathom being that far behind and having to wait that long for an update.....my wife’s Jun 2019 Model 3 got updated 7 days after delivery and continues to get them....She is at 2020.4.1

Almost all new Model S coming from the factory are on the old 2019 firmware. After around 3 to 4 days or ownership, use the app and schedule service and select Software Update. Pick the earliest date as it's just a filler and doesn't matter.

What will happen is that the Tesla Service will triage your ticket and text you back, saying they are pushing out the most appropriate software for your vehicle. This may happen twice before you get the latest version.

Also make sure you are set for getting the software updates quicker the normal in the settings for your vehicle in your Tesla.

• Informative
Reactions: GasDoc84
Almost all new Model S coming from the factory are on the old 2019 firmware. After around 3 to 4 days or ownership, use the app and schedule service and select Software Update. Pick the earliest date as it's just a filler and doesn't matter.

What will happen is that the Tesla Service will triage your ticket and text you back, saying they are pushing out the most appropriate software for your vehicle. This may happen twice before you get the latest version.

Also make sure you are set for getting the software updates quicker the normal in the settings for your vehicle in your Tesla.
super......thank you.....I keep getting run around from service and everyone keeps telling me just to wait....I will try this method....thanks again

do you happen to know anything about the software described in title?

I have set to advanced in the vehicle....is that the correct setting?

well I was unable to do this but.......just went to car and had notice of the 2020.4.11 software was ready to download....

I pressed the green down arrow and the software started to download......appeared to stop at 50%....then finally got to 100% and appeared to get hung up again......has been at 100% downloaded for 15 minutes......

no sign of updating.......shoud I reboot by pressing the brake and two thumb wheels?...dont know what else to do

well I was unable to do this but.......just went to car and had notice of the 2020.4.11 software was ready to download....

I pressed the green down arrow and the software started to download......appeared to stop at 50%....then finally got to 100% and appeared to get hung up again......has been at 100% downloaded for 15 minutes......

no sign of updating.......shoud I reboot by pressing the brake and two thumb wheels?...dont know what else to do
Just keep waiting.

looked like it was going to hang up at 60%.....but all went well.....I appear to have all of the previous updates and information.....there have only been 9 releases on Teslafi of this release so I would presume theres with very old revision will get this soon....I am a happy camper now....only issue is trying to figure out why my battery is capped at 98% giving me a range of 365 miles vs 373 miles.

If I charge to 90% I am supposed to get 335 miles but in fact I am only getting ~320 miles.........my wife’s 2019 Model 3 gets 310 at 100% and 279 at 90%

Oh well.....

looked like it was going to hang up at 60%.....but all went well.....I appear to have all of the previous updates and information.....there have only been 9 releases on Teslafi of this release so I would presume theres with very old revision will get this soon....I am a happy camper now....only issue is trying to figure out why my battery is capped at 98% giving me a range of 365 miles vs 373 miles.

If I charge to 90% I am supposed to get 335 miles but in fact I am only getting ~320 miles.........my wife’s 2019 Model 3 gets 310 at 100% and 279 at 90%

Oh well.....

Do you have the "E" battery or "F"?