Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Supercharger map!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My state for one!

Brossard, Mont-Tremblant, Mascouche, Laval, Pointe-Claire, Levis, Baie-Saint-Paul all opened within the last year.

In context, there were a grand total of four Superchargers in Quebec before then, less than the five in Alberta for four times less Teslas.

You don't get to cherry-pick a single year when evaluating total coverage. With none in 2012-2014, and only two in 2015 and 2016, Quebec doesn't need to apologize for seven in 2016.

As for Washington having less interstate supercharger coverage than Quebec, I don't see it. There are 175 Supercharger less miles between the start of A40 in Quebec City and the Côte Vertu Supercharger in Montreal. Where are there gaps of 175 miles in Washington?

Reactions: MarcoRP
I would expect to see a maximum of 6 stalls for the Surchargers like Prawda and Brandon.
I actually wonder if they would even consider setting up less than 8 stalls now.
I mean, there’s not a huge amount of Tesla’s where I am and we’ve got two SC sites nearby, and the first one is an 8 stall, and I doubt they’ll do less than that on the second site.

I actually wonder if they would even consider setting up less than 8 stalls now.
I mean, there’s not a huge amount of Tesla’s where I am and we’ve got two SC sites nearby, and the first one is an 8 stall, and I doubt they’ll do less than that on the second site.
Still, there are people that live around there: Aulac -> Moncton, Enfield -> Halifax

The problem is can the grid handle it? In discussions about putting SuperChargers at highway rest stops, like the ONRoute stops in Ontario, @mknox (who used to be an exec at an electricity distributor) pointed out that these rest stops can be in rural areas where the distribution grid is very thin. How big are the power lines along Hwy 17? Could they power an 8 stall SC with all 8 spots being used at once?

• Informative
Reactions: rpm001
The problem is can the grid handle it? In discussions about putting SuperChargers at highway rest stops, like the ONRoute stops in Ontario, @mknox (who used to be an exec at an electricity distributor) pointed out that these rest stops can be in rural areas where the distribution grid is very thin.

Right. It's not that it couldn't be done, but rather that it might be very expensive to upgrade the utility distribution system in order to get the required power to the site. When upgrades like this are required just to service one new customer, that customer is responsible for a portion of the capital costs to do so. That may make some sites prohibitively expensive.

The problem is can the grid handle it? In discussions about putting SuperChargers at highway rest stops, like the ONRoute stops in Ontario, @mknox (who used to be an exec at an electricity distributor) pointed out that these rest stops can be in rural areas where the distribution grid is very thin. How big are the power lines along Hwy 17? Could they power an 8 stall SC with all 8 spots being used at once?
Hard to say without a detailed analysis, but I’m of the opinion they can.

In context, there were a grand total of four Superchargers in Quebec before then, less than the five in Alberta for four times less Teslas.

You don't get to cherry-pick a single year when evaluating total coverage. With none in 2012-2014, and only two in 2015 and 2016, Quebec doesn't need to apologize for seven in 2016.

As for Washington having less interstate supercharger coverage than Quebec, I don't see it. There are 175 Supercharger less miles between the start of A40 in Quebec City and the Côte Vertu Supercharger in Montreal. Where are there gaps of 175 miles in Washington?

I doubt you could drive 175 miles without leaving WA lol...