Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Supercharger map!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Good thing I did what I did. Just spotted a new dot in Aulac NB and in Enfield NS as compared to Halifax NS and Truro NS in the last map, see below.
View attachment 302273 EDIT: can’t help but wonder what opening soon means as compared to target opening by end of 2018.

Tesla making it clear that they aren't going to have their owners go to Cape Breton or Prince Edward Island any time soon.

Reactions: mazeminder
It isn't consistent -- for example Wheatland, WY construction is completed and awaiting inspection, and it is still designated "Target opening by end of 2018".
Yes but it is the same for the chargers that were announced here too.
In the case of Burlington ON, there was no previous warning. When they did add it, they put in Opening Soon

Yes but it is the same for the chargers that were announced here too.
In the case of Burlington ON, there was no previous warning. When they did add it, they put in Opening Soon
I'm confused -- so you think Tesla is watching Supercharge.info and if we don't know about a SC under construction, then they designate it as "Opening Soon" on the Find Us Map? Hmm.

Well no one knows about Enfield.

I do honestly think that there is a lack of uniformity of when it comes to say when a Supercharger is coming. In a way, Target Opening by 2018, Opening Soon and Coming Soon 2018 mean pretty much the same thing. I would just be wondering which one means Under Construction/Awaiting Permit.

Well no one knows about Enfield.

I do honestly think that there is a lack of uniformity of when it comes to say when a Supercharger is coming. In a way, Target Opening by 2018, Opening Soon and Coming Soon 2018 mean pretty much the same thing. I would just be wondering which one means Under Construction/Awaiting Permit.

I have no doubt that Enfield actually refers to this one: Supercharger - Enfield, Ireland and there is some sort of data error that causes it to show on the Canada map as well.

Both of them use enfieldsupercharger as the site name. Note the links here go to the same URL: Tesla Superchargers in Ireland | Tesla and Tesla Superchargers in Canada | Tesla

Good thing I did what I did. Just spotted a new dot in Aulac NB and in Enfield NS as compared to Halifax NS and Truro NS in the last map, see below.
View attachment 302273 EDIT: can’t help but wonder what opening soon means as compared to target opening by end of 2018.

Personally I LOVE that the planned Superchargers have moved from Halifax/Truro to Enfield/Aulac. These are not highly populated areas so the chance these will be abused for local charging is extremely slim. Tesla can probably get by with 6 stalls at these locations although I'd prefer to see more. If they are setup at or near the Irving Big Stops in Enfield/Aulac then even better those are great places to stop for a bite to eat. I for one am very excited about this. Guessing we might see them eventually someday in Halifax and Truro but Enfield/Aulac and fantastic places to start.

Last edited:
I think that we were the only ones that started a thread like this... and there is Chuq who can be in Ireland at one minute and in Hawaii the next
It's the internet man.

In my case, I've possibly been to more of the Canada supercharger locations than anyone so in that sense, I am an authority :) At one point I had been to all of them but they keep building them so fast, I can't keep up!

So has anyone reviewed the 'new map' to do the comparo referenced earlier?

p.s. I'm always amazed at home many Americans turn up in the Canada specific supercharger section.
Perhaps there are differences in how users access TMC. I always monitor New Posts and access the ones I'm interested in reading. If the post is in Canada and pertains to something specific to Canada, I usually don't post anything. If it really is not specific to Canada, or if my insight or experiences might contribute to the discussion, I'll post.

I suspect some people also watch for New Posts and don't even notice a geographic location, responding as if it were a US thread (90%+ are). It's just a lack of attention, not an intent to invade Canada's space.

I noticed a few other errors on the list of US Superchargers. For some reason, Kansas City is displayed as if it is a state (and Emporia is listed as a Kansas City Supercharger even though it is over 100 miles away). Also, Indiana, Nevada, Washington and West Virginia are listed multiple times. Perhaps these second-state listings are ones that are under construction and fairly close to opening? If not, maybe there's some other piece of data that they are grouped on which we can't see which causes them to be separated out.

Did you see where they placed Carmel Indiana?!
I noticed a few other errors on the list of US Superchargers. For some reason, Kansas City is displayed as if it is a state (and Emporia is listed as a Kansas City Supercharger even though it is over 100 miles away). Also, Indiana, Nevada, Washington and West Virginia are listed multiple times. Perhaps these second-state listings are ones that are under construction and fairly close to opening? If not, maybe there's some other piece of data that they are grouped on which we can't see which causes them to be separated out.