Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Supercharger map!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey, there's some new planned Superchargers on the map! There's one slated for Nepean in 2019. The icon is at the corner of Merivale and Hunt Club. If that's real then it's walking distance from my office!

Also - very exciting - one slated for Perth, ON. That's one one of my favourite back routes. Also showing Peterborough and Newmarket.

Hey, there's some new planned Superchargers on the map! There's one slated for Nepean in 2019. The icon is at the corner of Merivale and Hunt Club. If that's real then it's walking distance from my office!

Also - very exciting - one slated for Perth, ON. That's one one of my favourite back routes. Also showing Peterborough and Newmarket.
Wait. Did you just get eye of that? It’s been there for a whole month!

They always put the pin at the centre of the name of the city. However, my guess is that they put it in a Smart Centre ( Baseline and Merrivale) or Cadillac Fairview (Rideau Centre - so - no)....

My guess is Baseline and Merrivale.

In any case I'm happy too as my son lives at Hunt Club and Uplands, so both Brockville and Nepean will be very useful for me

Merivale and Hunt Club would not be anywhere near the center of Nepean, which was amalgamated into Ottawa many years ago.

I'm not sure who owns the Nepean Crossroads Centre. It seems like a reasonable location for a Supercharger in terms of amenities, though it's 5 minutes from the 416 and 10 minutes from the 417.

Merivale and Hunt Club would not be anywhere near the center of Nepean, which was amalgamated into Ottawa many years ago.
But that is the spot between the p and the e in Nepean, hence where the placeholder is on the Tesla map.
nepean sc.png

Okay then, sounds random.
It's not random. If you type Nepean, ON into google maps, that's where the arrow is. This is where Tesla puts the pin when they don't have a specific location identified yet (or if they don't want to identify the specific location for whatever internal reason). Perhaps Google is wrong about what is the true centre of Nepean, but nonetheless, that's why the pin is where it is.

I understand that. That’s what I meant by random position - not representative of the actual location.
I guess it's a semantics debate, but I think we have different definitions of the word "random." If it were random, I wouldn't be able to guess with a high degree of certainty precisely where the pin would be on the Tesla map without looking.

I feel like this is a budget thing. We're approaching the end of Q2 and I can't think of any SC that were started recently, kinda like they used up the budget for 1H and are now waiting for July 1 before they start spending/building again.

OK, it's the first business day of Q3. Hopefully, they'll be new construction sightings soon Otherwise, I'll worry that expansion in Eastern Canada will be a casualty of the drive to Q3 profitability

OK, it's the first business day of Q3. Hopefully, they'll be new construction sightings soon Otherwise, I'll worry that expansion in Eastern Canada will be a casualty of the drive to Q3 profitability
Ontario and Quebec have been pretty well spoiled over the last year or so, but don't let that stop you from complaining when there is a one month lull in supercharger activity :)

Reactions: juliusa
Ontario and Quebec have been pretty well spoiled over the last year or so, but don't let that stop you from complaining when there is a one month lull in supercharger activity :)

Yeah, there has been activity this year on one site of 12 projected in Quebec, but heck, the lull has only been one month, LOL. There are still 3-4 months before the ground freezes for construction (minus the 2-week mandatory stoppage for worker vacation).

Last week I drove round-trip from Quebec City to St-Côme and had to rely on CHAdeMO.

How many states or provinces have as many Teslas as Quebec and as many major routes uncovered by Supercharging? (In Quebec's case, I am referring to A40 between Quebec City and Montreal for starters).

Yeah, there has been activity this year on one site of 12 projected in Quebec, but heck, the lull has only been one month, LOL. There are still 3-4 months before the ground freezes for construction (minus the 2-week mandatory stoppage for worker vacation).

Last week I drove round-trip from Quebec City to St-Côme and had to rely on CHAdeMO.

How many states or provinces have as many Teslas as Quebec and as many major routes uncovered by Supercharging? (In Quebec's case, I am referring to A40 between Quebec City and Montreal for starters).
My state for one!

Brossard, Mont-Tremblant, Mascouche, Laval, Pointe-Claire, Levis, Baie-Saint-Paul all opened within the last year.

Are there any signs of construction on the T-Can SCs between Sudbury and Winnipeg? Those are the ones that are the most remote and where you really want to do construction before the snow flies. I wonder about the local distribution capacity - could it support eight SCs at these sites?