Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Tesla App update - Seat Heating within mobile app

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I read the tip elsewhere, can't recall where!

Ok, I just tried the long press and it didn't do anything, except lower that one seat by one level.

However, the car is in the sun right now and interior is fairly warm and the seats didn't automatically come on.
I manually turned them all on, and then tried the long press off and got nothing.

I'll try it next time they all automatically come on. I also couldn't find any tips. Perhaps they popped up once and I never read it carefully.

I'm on an iPhone BTW.

Ok, I just tried the long press and it didn't do anything, except lower that one seat by one level.

However, the car is in the sun right now and interior is fairly warm and the seats didn't automatically come on.
I manually turned them all on, and then tried the long press off and got nothing.

I'll try it next time they all automatically come on. I also couldn't find any tips. Perhaps they popped up once and I never read it carefully.

I'm on an iPhone BTW.

I just tried, it's cold here so the heaters came on auto, long press turns them all off except the one you're pressing.

When I turned them on manually, the long press didn't work so same experience as yours. iPhone as well.

Basically it works as follows. If the seat heaters auto turn on when turning on climate from the app, then 1: changing the setting of any seat will turn the rest off (after a delay). Also 2: getting in the car without changing the settings through the phone will revert to previous settings (when last parked). If you do set anything manually in the app then neither 1 or 2 will apply.