Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Tesla solar loan is through Tesla finance which also handle their car loan

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I guess it makes sense. They this new offering is an extension of their car financing department and not something new they started for solar

Got a call today to make the 10% down on my 0.99% apr 10 years loan, missed the call and VM asked me to call back. The 844 numbers were for Tesla finance for their car loans. the rep had no idea how to handle the solar and had to transfer me to Vanessa L who left the VM to process the down payment for the solar loan.

Just information for the record

Mod feel free to merge this into another thread if appropriate

Its actually news that they (tesla) have a "car financing department" because tesla used to simply place people with other financial institutions for their car loans (like Bank of America, wells fargo, etc). If tesla now has its own financial arm that is news.

I could combine this thread with the "tesla solar 10 year loan" thread, but this is somewhat new information and that promotion seemed to be over per some peoples reports, so it feels to me like this should be a stand alone thread.