Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Tesla Wireless Phone Charger

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As cell phones get bigger, I wonder whether Tesla's charger will accommodate a phone taller than a Note8 which barely fits into the Nomad. (I understand the Note10 will be be larger than the Note8 or Note9.)

The Tesla charger looks like it just might have more room for a taller phone, since the separate lip at the bottom appears thinner than the Nomad's.

I have an iPhone 8s Plus so ordered a Taptes Gen 2 (pre order) that showed it should accommodate my bigger size...crossing my fingers!

It will because it accommodates horizontal charging, this appears how they are all getting around size issues. I have a S10+ and have no issues with Gen 2 vertical charging I think you might start having problems if you have a Note.

Reactions: Jazz_MIII
It will because it accommodates horizontal charging, this appears how they are all getting around size issues. I have a S10+ and have no issues with Gen 2 vertical charging I think you might start having problems if you have a Note.

I will certainly follow up here with photos once I receive mine :) Thank you for your feedback! I am anxiously anticipating my order! -jazz

The Tesla charger looks like it just might have more room for a taller phone, since the separate lip at the bottom appears thinner than the Nomad's.
Yes. With the Taptes (and probably also the Jeda and Nomad) you lose about half an inch since it has a lip that keeps the phone above the "groove" where the plugs are normally located. The Tesla pad does not have a lip but replaces the piano-black trim piece on the tray to accommodate the thickness of the pad + phone, so the phone will sit a little lower and there should be a more vertical room.

Can you explain why Nomad is the best please?

In my opinion, Nomad is the best mobile phone charging pad for Model 3. I've had it for +6 months without issues. The build quality of the product is also very good. There are small lights that light up when you place your phone on the pad that indicates it's being charged. It is a highly reliable product and the company is responsive to customer service which is very important. Jeda makes a nice product at a slightly lower price point but I feel that Nomad has a superior product.

Jeda allows you to place the phone in landscape mode. Can be nice when wanting to have video playing while parked.
I have a Samsung Note and the phone is too long to fit using the original wired location.
However, using the Jeda charger I can bput my phone horizontally and I am now able to charge it wirelessly.
I can even close the door above it so it hidden. I can still receive phone calls when the door is closed.

Reactions: mark273