Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

(New Thread) 2012 Model S P85 - Signature Red - WARRANTY - 8K Miles On New Pack

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

DeedWest

2008 VP & 2011 2.5 Sport
Feb 5, 2014
Dallas, TX
2ND TRY for this posting, as my previous one would not let me add my photos, and ruined the layout of reading the posting with ease. Exactly as listed, I've decided to sell my CPO Signature Red P85. As a severely honest previous Roadster owner, I'm simply not in love with the car as I was with the Roadster, and am pursuing finding my dream Roadster once again.

Asking $62,500

VIN: S00246
Mileage: 50,300

Factory Options List:

- 2012 P85 Signature Performance
- Signature Red Paint
- 21" Grey Turbine Wheels
- Black Performance Interior
- Carbon Fiber Decor
- Gloss Carbon Fiber Spoiler
- All-Glass Panoramic Roof
- Tech Package
- Smart Air Suspension
- Ultra High-Fidelity Sound
- Supercharging
- Twin Chargers

- Certified Pre-Owned Warranty: 50,000 Miles; Effective 42,901 - 92,901 miles. Covers EVERYTHING. Transferable.

- New 'D' Version Battery Installed before CPO delivery. 241-242 Miles Rated Range at 90%. 269-271 Miles Rated Range at 100%. Battery shows near 100% original health.

- UNLIMITED Miles Battery and Drivetrain Warranty until 2020.

- 4 New Continental Extreme DWS tires added at 43,025 miles. Excellent tread.

- Drivetrain replaced before CPO delivery.

- Onboard Chargers JUST replaced.

- 21" Wheels freshly powder coated Grey to stock specification, clearing all previous curb rash.

- New Panoramic roof installed in January. Fixed rubbing common with 2012 models.

- New Premium Interior Lighting installed.

- 2012 Signatures included options standard that were later available for extra: Extended Nappa Leather, Premium Interior Lighting, LED Fog Lamps, Lighted Door Handles.

- RARE Signature Red Paint. Only offered on first 1,200 cars. Less than 500 cars estimated with this color.

- Includes Model S 240V Universal Connector, with 110V and J1772 Adapters in carrying bag.

I'm not sure you can find another Signature Red Model S in this new of condition mechanically. The battery, drivetrain, onboard chargers, wheels, tires, panoramic roof, and lighting are all NEW. Essentially, the vehicle is in new mechanical shape, as the two most strained components (battery & drivetrain) were replaced before CPO delivery. The car is number 246 of approx. 1,200 Signature Model S made for the US.

The paint is excellent, and shines bright for its time on the road. The interior is the greatest part. I have not seen a single bit of wear & tear in the interior that I am aware of. Even the leather on the driver's seat hardly looks like it's been used for 50K miles.

Again, feel free to PM me with any interest whatsoever. I have not decided how I'd like to pursue selling the car, but am happy to entertain options, shipping at buyer's expense and/or a meet in person to view the car if necessary. It is currently located in Dallas, TX.

Asking $62,500.

PS: In the extremely unlikely (never going to happen) off-chance that trading for a Roadster is possible, I will absolutely trade this. In any and all other cases, I will not accept trades of any kind. Thank you!

IMG_8306.jpg

IMG_8307.jpg

IMG_8308.jpg

View attachment 179975

IMG_8290.jpg

IMG_8289.jpg

IMG_8292.jpg

IMG_8294.jpg

IMG_8295.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_8291.jpg
    IMG_8291.jpg
    332.3 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_8291.jpg
    IMG_8291.jpg
    332.3 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:
Beautiful car. Having been with a P85 loaner for over a week now while my Roadster is in the shop, I can definitely understand the motivation. Both are amazing cars, in very different ways.

@Tex EV - funny you'd chime in on this, as I was actually peeking at Roadster 113 myself. Starwood originally gave me a trade-in estimate that was rather attractive. But, unfortunately I didn't get to see 113 in person before I went out of town. I DID have fun test driving their 2.0 Sport #802, but that thing was out of my price range.

Either way, I'd agree. The Model S is the best and most practical car I've ever driven. That doesn't include the character, thrill, and sheer joy that the Roadster brings me.

@Tex EV - funny you'd chime in on this, as I was actually peeking at Roadster 113 myself.

Hah, so it was you! Shortly after I first inquired about it, they said someone else was very interested and encouraged me to put down a non-refundable deposit. I thought they might have been BSing to pressure a sale, but I liked the car enough to risk losing some money on it.

• Funny
Reactions: DeedWest
Hah, so it was you! Shortly after I first inquired about it, they said someone else was very interested and encouraged me to put down a non-refundable deposit. I thought they might have been BSing to pressure a sale, but I liked the car enough to risk losing some money on it.

Hah! That was definitely me...and very surprising that they weren't BSing about it, either. Congratulations on a nice Roadster for an even nicer price, given the mileage. Hopefully I can find one soon enough...

To all, the vehicle is still available at $62,500 as listed. Here is the original window sticker, as this is a question I'm frequently asked. (Note: this is the PDF Tesla procured for me upon request)

Attachments

• Sangria.pdf
    4.9 MB · Views: 99
If this one has sold, mine will be for sale in about a week and is exactly the same but with clear bra.

Located in Portland OR and listed on Portland's Craigslist. Please contact me via the CL ad, not this site with any questions.

Last edited: