Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Tires - Don't want to go back with OEM

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am looking at getting these tires for my Model 3 - BRIDGESTONE POTENZA RE980 A/S235 /45 R18 98W XL BSW 5 Years / 50,000 Miles

Anyone have any experience with this tire or have an alternate recommendation? I live in Texas so looking to stay with an All Weather tire.

Thanks in advance.

Charles

I just bought a set of used 20" OEM rims and installed the Falken Azenis FK510. I live in Vancouver so I'll be able to use this wheel/tire combination 10 months of the year. Price point was (170 CAD * 4) + 50 shipping from 4tires.ca. Installation was 35 per tire including the programming of the Autel TPMS sensors. The price point / performance compared to the Michelins Pilot 4S is off the charts. For a slightly less performing tire, the cost savings is substantial.

I just did a road trip on the weekend around Mt. Saint Helens and Mt. Rainer area. The grip on with these tires was amazing. I pushed the car around hairpin corners and wow, the handling was great. I also own a BMW M3 and have had it for 12 years so the feel of the car was very similar.

If you are looking for a summer set of tires, you can't beat these tires for the price that you pay. The Michelins were 270% more than the Falkin Azenis. Hope this helps.

Last week, I had a set of 245-45-R18 100V Continental Pure Contact LS installed on my 3's aero wheels.

So far, much better grip and handling than the MXM4, both in wet and dry. Quiet too.

They are much cheaper than the OEMs and, according to Consumer Report, surprisingly long wearing (will see!)

Also, with 245's, rim rash will be a thing of the past, as the rubber still protects the rim from touching the curb when you parallel park (when autopark refuses to execute :)).

Hey fellas. Im new here and probably resurrecting an old thread. I have a 18 lr rwd with the oem Michelin’s on with shy of 30k miles. I am looking for new tires but torn between two choices. I’m from LA and American tire depot has a buy 3 get one tire sale. Sadly Michelin isn’t Included so I’m stuck between the Bridgestone Potenza RE980AS or Continental extreme contact dws. Inputs and other recommendations would be appreciated! Thanks guys!

I’m looking for better performance compared to stock while also trying to get the most tread life out of my new tires

Hey fellas. Im new here and probably resurrecting an old thread. I have a 18 lr rwd with the oem Michelin’s on with shy of 30k miles. I am looking for new tires but torn between two choices. I’m from LA and American tire depot has a buy 3 get one tire sale. Sadly Michelin isn’t Included so I’m stuck between the Bridgestone Potenza RE980AS or Continental extreme contact dws. Inputs and other recommendations would be appreciated! Thanks guys!

I’m looking for better performance compared to stock while also trying to get the most tread life out of my new tires
There's no need to resurrect 2 old threads for the same copy-paste question.

Anyone used the Cross Climate in Ontario, Canada weather. Got the X Ice snows for my Model 3 SR+ but finding them too loud. Thinking of having just one set if I sell the OEMs and X Ice.
I had them on my pathfinder. No issues. But I'm not one to really notice what's going on too much in a car. I don't notice the MY being noisy, I don't notice that the ride sucks etc.
I have the toyo celcius all weather on MY. They also work well.