Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New to me MSP90D questions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I recently purchased a 2016.5 MSP90D from a third party dealer and I have some questions I hope other MS owners can answer.

I've washed my car a couple of times and have noticed that it is very easy to clean and the water beads in large circles. How can I tell if my paint has a ceramic coating? I've used a foam cannon with Chemical Guys wash.

Is there any way I can obtain a copy of the original build sheet? Is this something Tesla customer service would provide?

Should I take the car to a Tesla Service Center for a general inspection, and if so, what can I expect from them?

Lastly, how long does it take to have the car added to my Tesla account? It's been three weeks since I've submitted a request with a copy of my license and registration. I feel like I'm missing out on some of the car's functions.

This car is amazing! I used to own a Volt but an electric motor seems to be the only thing in common between these two vehicles. The MS is like nothing I've ever owned!

Thanks,
Moe

• Love
Reactions: Lucky_Man
Congrats on the new wheels!

There's no need for a general inspection IMO. The exception is if your car is about to go out of warranty -- in that case I would ask them to look it over and make note of any issues before the warranty lapses.

I'm not sure whether Tesla can get you a literal copy of the build sheet, but they can definitely tell you all of the options your car has if you give them the VIN. Three weeks sounds long for getting your MyTesla account setup -- I'd follow up with your local service center.

I don't know much about paint or coatings, so I'll let someone else chime in on that.