Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

*NEW* V3 SUPERCHARGER LAS VEGAS

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm not sure how much it matters, but I recommend not broadcasting the PIN to the whole world. Those charging numbers you're getting now should be available at any 150kW v2 charger that isn't full.

Hmm, good point, hopefully they can roll the PINs over on a regular basis since it's coming over the display in your car. Or are you thinking each car gets it's own PIN and that's why you shouldn't give "your" PIN out? Well there aren't enough PIN digits for that, but ... anyways. Hmm.

Yea those numbers aren't very impressive - any v2 supercharger should be able to perform at those numbers. I'm curious how many mi/hr a newer model 3 can get at these 250 KW superchargers. In my model 3 I was getting 500-590 mph of range at the high end when I visited WY and SD at v2 superchargers.

We live in Vegas and decided to check out the new V3 Supercharger in the shadow of the High Roller Ferris Wheel. It was 07/25 on Thursday about 8:30PM. Upon arrival we discovered you cannot get to SC without a pin. Not being the most tech savvy person on the planet we finally gave up after repeated attempts to get in the gate. The sign said tap the charger key on your dash. We did but nothing happened. This SC location was mostly empty. This location is really, really difficult to get to because of heavy strip tourist traffic in the area. We then drove South down the strip to the Sunset Ave/LV Blvd Supercharger. It was totally full with mostly M3s. We gave up and drove home. I would hate to be on a cross country trip and have to face these SC crowds. Tesla has a problem. Since we are local we should be charging at home anyway. We just were curious to see the new V3 Solar SC.

"The sign said tap the charger key on your dash."

No. Not the key. It's the pin (like pin and needle and not capitalized PIN either). Not the dash, it's your touchscreen.

It's talking about the map on your touchscreen. This pin is just like and arrow so you know where the supercharger is. When you click on that pin, it brings up another menu showing all the information including a PIN, personal Identification Number.

upload_2019-7-25_23-36-50.png

The map below shows a red icon with lightning bolt: That's the "pin". Please touch it so that you can read what's its PIN is.

upload_2019-7-25_23-42-57.png

The Entry Code from your map below is blanked out for security reason:

CGPbTUM.jpg

Last edited:
We live in Vegas and decided to check out the new V3 Supercharger in the shadow of the High Roller Ferris Wheel. It was 07/25 on Thursday about 8:30PM. Upon arrival we discovered you cannot get to SC without a pin. Not being the most tech savvy person on the planet we finally gave up after repeated attempts to get in the gate. The sign said tap the charger key on your dash. We did but nothing happened.

Really you didn't tap the icon on your touchscreen and touched what... Your car key to your dashboard?