Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Wheels help for model 3 sr+

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello all,

I am new to the forums and also somewhat of a new model 3 owner I got mine in sept, 2019.

I am currently looking at summer wheel options for my blue model 3.

Looking to get these VMR V801 18" Wheel/Tire Square Set for Tesla Model 3

I am thinking of putting them on the stock 18" tires has anyone done this? or have any experience or advice with this idea? I think its possible? I am just not very familiar with car stuff just starting to get into it as this is my first owned car :)

Thanks for the help very appreciated! and here are some current pictures below as of now :)

IMG_2142.jpg
IMG_3491.jpg

I am currently looking at summer wheel options for my blue model 3.

Looking to get these VMR V801 18" Wheel/Tire Square Set for Tesla Model 3

I am thinking of putting them on the stock 18" tires has anyone done this? or have any experience or advice with this idea? I think its possible? I am just not very familiar with car stuff just starting to get into it as this is my first owned car :)

You can put the stock 18" Michelin tires on those 18" VMR wheels. Are you planning on installing a dedicated set of winter tires on your OEM wheels after you remove the tires ? Other option is to get a set of summer only tires (such as the Michelin Pilot Sport 4S) for your new VMR wheels....

You can put the stock 18" Michelin tires on those 18" VMR wheels. Are you planning on installing a dedicated set of winter tires on your OEM wheels after you remove the tires ? Other option is to get a set of summer only tires (such as the Michelin Pilot Sport 4S) for your new VMR wheels....

Thank you for the reply and welcoming! and yes this is exactly what im looking to do then grab winter tires for the aero! Will there be any tpms issues at all when swapping onto the VMRs?

Will there be any tpms issues at all when swapping onto the VMRs?

I don't think you will have any issues in moving your OEM TPMS from the 18" aeros to your new wheels. I bought new wheels in November and I purchased an additional set of TPMS units from Amazon. I decided on the Amazon ones because they were matte black in color and they were cheeper. Customer service of the seller was also excellent. Once they synced, the new TPMS are working perfectly..

I don't think you will have any issues in moving your OEM TPMS from the 18" aeros to your new wheels. I bought new wheels in November and I purchased an additional set of TPMS units from Amazon. I decided on the Amazon ones because they were matte black in color and they were cheeper. Customer service of the seller was also excellent. Once they synced, the new TPMS are working perfectly..

Ok perfect, last question lug nutz. Is it just plug and play if i get the right sizing? Appreciate the help big time boss!

Ok perfect, last question lug nutz. Is it just plug and play if i get the right sizing? Appreciate the help big time boss!

I would contact either VMR or EV Tuning (I've had great customer service from EV Tuning and they reply to questions quickly) and ask them if the wheels can accept the factory lug nuts or not. If the factory lug nuts work, you are good to go.

I purchased a set of Titan7 T-S5 wheels in November and Evasive Motorsports told me the factory lugs work fine and I have not had any problems. I had a 2008 VW R32 and purchased a set of Enkei wheels from tire rack. They sent me a set of lug bolts that work with the Enkei wheels and the VW R32 because the OEM lug bolts would not seat correctly with the Enkei wheels.

Post a pic when you have your summer set up installed !!

I would contact either VMR or EV Tuning (I've had great customer service from EV Tuning and they reply to questions quickly) and ask them if the wheels can accept the factory lug nuts or not. If the factory lug nuts work, you are good to go.

I purchased a set of Titan7 T-S5 wheels in November and Evasive Motorsports told me the factory lugs work fine and I have not had any problems. I had a 2008 VW R32 and purchased a set of Enkei wheels from tire rack. They sent me a set of lug bolts that work with the Enkei wheels and the VW R32 because the OEM lug bolts would not seat correctly with the Enkei wheels.

Post a pic when you have your summer set up installed !!

Im looking to get some custom coloured lug nuts with the vmrs (maybe like a blue) as well i think im gonna go with yellow calipers! will def post when I get the set up going!

and as for the aero covers -

Kenriko Tesla Model 3 White Carbon Aero Wheel Wrap Kit

they are white carbon fiber vinyl pieces, wicked little upgrade! I applied myself not hard at all just need a hair dryer pretty much. makes the car look like a 1 of 1 :cool:

anyways thanks again for all the help!