Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New York just announced tax credit for EV !

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Details...

It's a point of sale rebate based on battery only mileage up to $2k, but $60,000+ only gets $500 (five hundred).

That's fine my Model 3 will be under that.

How the Drive Clean Rebate Works - NYSERDA

Drive Clean Rebate for Electric Cars - NYSERDA

Governor Cuomo Launches $70 Million Electric Car Rebate and Outreach Initiative
Well I'm SOL...with 60 days of deliver
I think it's fair

Those who've been waiting for this to take delivery will now need to push Tesla to register for this ASAP. Looks like you only get the $500 through the "dealer" within 60 days of delivery.

Those that already took delivery are likely SOL, including me :(

I was a bit worried by the wording on the website, when it said "purchase a qualifying electric car from a participating dealer". Sent an email asking for clarification though, and got a reply the next day:

Yes, Tesla purchasers can receive the benefit of the $500 rebate once Tesla has signed up and been approved by NYSERDA. I know that Tesla representatives attended today’s dealer webinar. I would recommend you contact the Tesla storefront you are interested in dealing with and make sure they are enrolled in the initiative prior to your purchase.​

So, it sounds like they may or may not be registered and approved yet, but it sounds like there should be no inherent roadblocks preventing Tesla buyers from getting the rebate.

Those that already took delivery are likely SOL, including me
Yup, i'm SOL as well. :(
I was waiting for this and hoped it would retro to last April when it was voted in. No such luck. I also disagree with the 60k cap. I thought the rebate was an "incentive" to buy EV's? Not some class system. But that's NY for ya. I am an evil, white,wealthy (in NY's eyes) male that deserves nothing and nothing I will get. (except pay for every one elses rebate) :)

I mean I guess $500 is better than nothing. But I do think $1000 rebate would have been better for the Model X and the Model S. After all, the reason why it has so much range (the large battery as compared to all other competitors) is also one of the reasons why the MSRP is so high. its like giving a little with the left hand and then taking it back with the right hand. (and Tesla gets squeezed in the middle)