Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Newbie here. How can I play FM radio stations?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When I go to the audio window, the tabs across the top are Radio, Streaming, and Phone. If I select the Radio button it shows no favorites and no stations?

I try to scroll left and right with the left hand button on the steering wheel and it reverts back to streaming.

This should be a simple operation but I cannot figure it out.

Thanks for you help.

The whole media thing is a hot mess.

Tap radio, then scroll down and select from the list of stations it has auto-scanned. Once one is selected, tap the heart icon to save it as a favorite.

Your favorites tab will be an amalgamation of FM and streaming channels which you have “hearted.”

Reactions: Akikiki
The whole media thing is a hot mess.

Tap radio, then scroll down and select from the list of stations it has auto-scanned. Once one is selected, tap the heart icon to save it as a favorite.

Your favorites tab will be an amalgamation of FM and streaming channels which you have “hearted.”
I don't see any stations in the window to choose from. Perhaps the Auto-Scan has to be turned on?

On p89 the manual says you should be able to tap or drag your finger on the tuner. I don't see anything about scanning.

FM Radio

If it is available in your location, Media Player provides FM radio service that you can select from the Radio source. To tune the radio to a specific frequency, choose a frequency and then touch the next or previous arrows to move from one frequency to the next (or previous). You can also tap or drag your finger on the tuner to the desired frequency. The bars on the left side of the frequency number indicate the strength of the signal for the chosen frequency. Touch HD to play high definition versions of available frequencies.

Mark a radio station as a favorite to display it on the Radio source for easy access (see Favorites and Recent on page 90).​