Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Newbie - Model 3 Performance Winter tire options? HELP!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As the title says, I'm new to all this. I'd really like a Model 3 Performance, but I live in Michigan. I'd like to get some 18" wheels and some winter tires, but it sounds like some/not all wheels will work on the Model 3 Performance. Is there a list of wheels that have been confirmed to work? The Martians seem way to expensive. TSportline ones all seem to be backordered for months. Since these are for winter, they don't need to be awesome. They just need to look decent and get the job done.

Can anyone provide any advice? This is prohibiting me from ordering the car. If I can't get decent winter tires, I might just have to put it off until spring.

I appreciate it in advance,
RipVanFinkle

I have 18" ev01's that seem to be range neutral with vredstein quadratrac pro tires on it on my m3p. there are many wheels that fit

check out these threads:

and heres the link to where I got my wheels, I recommebnd the palce and the brand:

I've posted this a few times this week since this topic seems very popular now that winter is here, but here goes again.

You can find some 18" wheels that fit. I have a 2021 Model 3 Performance and I got 18" FastWheels FC04s and they barely fit - in fact when I first got them the wheel weights were rubbing on the calipers. I paired the wheels with Michelin X-Ice Snow tires and the car has no problems. We just had a blizzard this week and the combo really proved themselves.

That being said, the clearance for 18" wheels is very small - as I said my wheel weights were rubbing and I had to remove them. I would really recommend considering 19" for the Model 3 Performance. If you have a good local shop that can source and install the wheels it might not be an issue but with 18" you just don't have a lot of wiggle room. This is actually the second set of 18" wheels I got - the first one that was listed as fitting the car in fact rubbed on the brake calipers. These are the FC04s though that did barely fit. They look pretty good on the car.

R.1c00ceea186f5e27063e730f233fed0c

As the title says, I'm new to all this. I'd really like a Model 3 Performance, but I live in Michigan. I'd like to get some 18" wheels and some winter tires, but it sounds like some/not all wheels will work on the Model 3 Performance.

That is correct.

Is there a list of wheels that have been confirmed to work?

Sure, dozens of them.
In either 18", 19", or 20" diameter. Price of wheels and tires goes up with the diameter.

Go to www.tirerack.com or call them up, and they will walk you through the options.
I'm starting my 3rd winter with 18" winter wheels and tires on my TM3P. The firs set lasted 2 seasons, so I'm on my second set of winters.

This is prohibiting me from ordering the car. If I can't get decent winter tires, I might just have to put it off until spring.

Your call.

HTH,
a

I think Tire Rack is not the best source for M3P wheels. M3P direct fitment options are limited but there's a lot out there that Tire Rack doesn't sell, plus various ways to use adapters or spacers to make more wheels fit, though you need to be mindful of the resulting offset.

I just received my 18x8.5" +35 Titan7 T-S5 forged wheels in Satin Titanium finish. They're supposed to be a direct fitment on the M3P. My M3P is out for PPF install though, it'll be a week or more until I actually test the fitment.

These Titan7 wheels are very cheap for fully forged (too cheap? I hope not...) but still pricey compared to flow formed cast, of course. For my last AWD car there were used OE forged BBS wheels widely available for cheap. I became attached to having forged wheels for winter wheels, but there are no OE forged Tesla wheels. 🤬