Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Would a Performance with 18" aero wheels (e.g. FastEV EV01+) and LRR tires be like a LR in economy and range?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Would a Performance with 18" aero wheels (e.g. FastEV EV01+) and LRR tires be like a LR in economy and range?

Currently, for those eligible for the full tax credit rebate, the Model 3 Performance costs less than the Model 3 LR. So someone buying a Performance and installing 18" aero wheels and LRR tires might still come out close to even, but get the non-wheel/tire features of the Performance.

No, the Performance may have slightly better range due to the higher capacity battery, 82kWh vs 79 kWh.

Efficiency should be identical other than the brakes. The Performance model has floating rotors which theoretically should offer better efficiency, but brake drag is dominated by the calipers and I've never seen any data comparing them.

Reactions: DuncanM
I have forged Aero wheels on my 2022 M3P and I am getting quite good range, even despite the cold temps currently. #sleeper 😎
20240109_082143.jpg

Reactions: DocHolliday

Currently, for those eligible for the full tax credit rebate, the Model 3 Performance costs less than the Model 3 LR. So someone buying a Performance and installing 18" aero wheels and LRR tires might still come out close to even, but get the non-wheel/tire features of the Performance.
2022 Model 3 Performance with T Sportline TS5 wheels and 235/45/18 Hankook iON EVO AS tires. At 225 wh/mi lately I am getting closer to RWD efficiency than stock LR efficiency.

IMG_2627.jpeg
IMG_2583.jpeg
IMG_2544.jpeg