Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Newbie needs reality check...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I like my S. I’ve had it for about a year and a half, less than 10K miles.

I like the styling.

Would I buy exactly the same car again knowing what I know now? Absolutely. I’m so totally happy with my car.

I hope this makes you feel a bit better. These cars aren’t perfect. Well, that isn’t right, mine is perfect. It’s some of those others that aren’t. Maybe perfect is in the eye of the beholder. I’ve had many various cars for just over 50 years now so mine is the view of the old person who still just can’t quite believe I have a car this awesome.

What he said. I deleted everything in the middle of his post since it was so long, we didn't have to read that again.;)

Bought my model S last year. It has a little over 7,200 miles now. My S has what they laughingly call the ultra high fidelity sound. I haven't heard the standard sound system, but the ultra high fidelity sound system is, to be succinct, not! There is a subwoofer, but to get any decent bass you have to really crank the sound. I recently installed the NVX subwoofer upgrade kit and am now pretty satisfied with the sound as it made a HUGE difference. So that is about all I would add to the above quote. Probably defer to the standard audio and add the NVX subwoofer kit instead of opting for the UHF upgrade. It's simply not worth it.

What he said. I deleted everything in the middle of his post since it was so long, we didn't have to read that again.;)

Bought my model S last year. It has a little over 7,200 miles now. My S has what they laughingly call the ultra high fidelity sound. I haven't heard the standard sound system, but the ultra high fidelity sound system is, to be succinct, not! There is a subwoofer, but to get any decent bass you have to really crank the sound. I recently installed the NVX subwoofer upgrade kit and am now pretty satisfied with the sound as it made a HUGE difference. So that is about all I would add to the above quote. Probably defer to the standard audio and add the NVX subwoofer kit instead of opting for the UHF upgrade. It's simply not worth it.

That's a good point. I currently have a Burmester system in my car and I'm in love with it. I haven't heard good things about the S sound system, but I did hear good things about the 3's.

Love my LR M3. Had a loaner Model S for 3 days when they were fixing issues from delivery (3 months after delivery). While the Model S was nice on the highways, I honestly prefer my Model 3. Don't think you could go wrong with either, but like someone else said, it might make sense to use Turo to try both out.

So just an update..have spent a few hours in a 3 (thanks Turo!). Initial impressions - 1. I can honestly say I have never driven a better handling car. This car is just planted to the ground. 2. Having everything in the center console works fine. 3. Holy smokes.. torque. 4. The interior is nice, but not luxury German quality/nice. 5. The audio system is FAR better than I thought.

I'm going to compare it with an S doing one of those overnight test drives to see the difference.