Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Newbie Question on Enhanced Autopilot

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello All...

So for my newbie question, I just took delivery of my Tesla MODEL Y in California with the Enhanced autopilot option.

I have full access to the function on highway but in the menu or in the app I don't see any option for summoning or self-parking. I have a tight garage and was hoping to use it to park the car. Am I missing selecting something somewhere in the menu?

I have been calling tesla but just spend a couple of hours on hold and always gave up...
Thanks

Hello.

Perhaps the tesla guidance on these features, on new cars with Tesla vision, might help:
==============================
(Tesla website on tesla vision)

Relevant text from the web page (bold emphasis mine)

Along with the removal of USS, we have simultaneously launched our vision-based occupancy network – currently used in Full Self-Driving (FSD) Beta – to replace the inputs generated by USS. With today’s software, this approach gives Autopilot high-definition spatial positioning, longer range visibility and ability to identify and differentiate between objects. As with many Tesla features, our occupancy network will continue to improve rapidly over time.
For a short period of time during this transition, Tesla Vision vehicles that are not equipped with USS will be delivered with some features temporarily limited or inactive, including:
  • Park Assist: alerts you of surrounding objects when the vehicle is traveling <5 mph.
  • Autopark: automatically maneuvers into parallel or perpendicular parking spaces.
  • Summon: manually moves your vehicle forward or in reverse via the Tesla app.
  • Smart Summon: navigates your vehicle to your location or location of your choice via the Tesla app.
In the near future, once these features achieve performance parity to today’s vehicles, they will be restored via a series of over-the-air software updates. All other available Autopilot, Enhanced Autopilot and Full Self-Driving capability features will be active at delivery, depending on order configuration.

Yet it didn’t say enhanced earlier.

it did when I posted in post number 2, so it had to have when you posted in post number 3, which was just under 50 minutes later. I am 100% sure it said it in both places when I posted my response, as I would have posted a completely different response if it did not say enhanced autopilot.

Thanks jjrandorin, i believe this explains it. I am just surprised that tesla still advertises the feature on the website (and sells it) if it is not really available, I guess I am learning how it works. will wait for it to come back...

Reactions: jjrandorin
Thanks jjrandorin, i believe this explains it. I am just surprised that tesla still advertises the feature on the website (and sells it) if it is not really available, I guess I am learning how it works. will wait for it to come back...

Yeah I agree with you 100% there. It "should" come back, and I am sure they are working on it, but there should be some disclaimer on purchase that "hey this isnt working yet on this version of the vehicle".

When I bought my model 3 in 2018, I bought a performance model 3, and back then, it was advertised with a spoiler that they had not created yet, it didnt even have a rear decklid badge available at all (tesla didnt make one for the performance version yet), and I earned some referral rims and tires that they said would come "later".

If its any consolation, I did end up with everything I was supposed to have, but it did take some time. The spoiler was almost a year if I remember correctly, I picked up the "dual motor" (with red underline underneath it) badge 6-8 months after purchase, and didnt even put it on the car, and I got the referral rims and tires like 1.5 to 2 years later if I remember.

I DID get it all, though, so I am confident that "eventually" you all without Ultrasonic sensors will be made whole on summon and parking assist to the same (relatively crappy) state the rest of us are in with it.