Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Newport Pagnell Superchargers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am hoping some of the more experienced Tesla drivers could offer me some advice.

I went to supercharge today at the Newport Pagnell Superchargers(around 1400). I was the only person there. I tried 3 chargers, none of them worked. The 1st one would not unlock the CCS adapter and for some reason the type 2 charger would not attach to my car, 2nd and 3rd ones plugged into the car, light went to blue. Message on screen said ready to charge, on the app it said check power source. I tried to call Tesla but got the ‘our offices are now closed’ message.

Luckily I had enough to charge to get to my destination so I just carried on. I am worried though about what would happen if this was not the case.

I have Superchargered previously in Northampton and it worked fine. I only managed to get 51kw though, I put this down to fact I had only been driving for 15 minutes but I am thinking now I may have an issue with my car??

Can people please tell me why the type two wouldn't connect to my charge port and maybe advise why I was unable to charge?

I am hoping some of the more experienced Tesla drivers could offer me some advice.

I went to supercharge today at the Newport Pagnell Superchargers(around 1400). I was the only person there. I tried 3 chargers, none of them worked. The 1st one would not unlock the CCS adapter and for some reason the type 2 charger would not attach to my car, 2nd and 3rd ones plugged into the car, light went to blue. Message on screen said ready to charge, on the app it said check power source. I tried to call Tesla but got the ‘our offices are now closed’ message.

Luckily I had enough to charge to get to my destination so I just carried on. I am worried though about what would happen if this was not the case.

I have Superchargered previously in Northampton and it worked fine. I only managed to get 51kw though, I put this down to fact I had only been driving for 15 minutes but I am thinking now I may have an issue with my car??

Can people please tell me why the type two wouldn't connect to my charge port and maybe advise why I was unable to charge?
The Type 2 connector isn’t standard, so won’t fit the M3. It is meant only for Models S&X.

At Superchargers you can only use the CCS with the Model 3. The connectors can be a bit hard to remove from the charger - wiggle it a bit!

The Type 2 connector isn’t standard, so won’t fit the M3. It is meant only for Models S&X.

At Superchargers you can only use the CCS with the Model 3. The connectors can be a bit hard to remove from the charger - wiggle it a bit!

thank you for clarifying regarding the type 2 connector. Do you have any idea why the CCS adapter wouldn’t charge the vehicle?

thank you for clarifying regarding the type 2 connector. Do you have any idea why the CCS adapter wouldn’t charge the vehicle?
The "ready to charge" message is what you see when you have connected a cable to the car but it is not able to actually charge such as the other end not connected or a problem handshaking with the actual charger so changing cannot start. Personally I have never seen it at a supercharger. it is possible that the superchargers were both faulty but it could also be a problem DC charging with your car.
I assume it works OK for home/AC charging. I would suggest taking back to a supercharger or other DC charger and trying again. if it does not work then sounds like you need a trip to the service centre :(

The "ready to charge" message is what you see when you have connected a cable to the car but it is not able to actually charge such as the other end not connected or a problem handshaking with the actual charger so changing cannot start. Personally I have never seen it at a supercharger. it is possible that the superchargers were both faulty but it could also be a problem DC charging with your car.
I assume it works OK for home/AC charging. I would suggest taking back to a supercharger or other DC charger and trying again. if it does not work then sounds like you need a trip to the service centre :(

thanks for your post. Yes, it works fine at home and has worked at the Northampton Superchargers.

Were the 2nd and 3rd ones you tried a pair (i.e. xA & xB)? ZapMap is reporting that one stall is "Out of Service" today with a very similar comment, although that may have been your comment...
Thanks for your post. I didn’t think to check the stall pairs! I might go back on the way home tomorrow and try again. The comment on Zap map was from me.

I was at Newport Pagnell today around 4pm, no obvious problems, but all S/X so nobody using the CCS connections.

One of each of the 6 pairs was in use at one point, also no obvious problems.

The CCS adapter is never 'locked' when parked in the charger holster, you just have to push it in and up to unhook it.

I've helped a few 3 owners there having problems releasing the CCS connector from the storage position.

Reactions: AnthonyLR